Scotland's New Currency The Haggis

All this talk of haggis (not tucked into one since the obligatory Burns Night purchase) is making me peckish.... :)

David

The History Man":37l1oog5 said:
Been hunting them for years. How do we get them down south otherwise?
See, all the various names for the haggis confuses the hell outta me. Haggis in Scotland, Hedgehog in Middle England, Wombles in Wimbledon, Werewolves in Kent. I mean, whatever exchange rate between the Haggis and the foreign examples of the same unit of currency?

Don't forget the faggot! Done well with onion gravy, mash and peas. Was in Melton Mowbray on Thursday. Pies and faggots(mrs jones makes them with membrane etc, the best)from Derek Jones and pies from Dickinson and Morris. All gone now.

Worth more than a haggis any day! ;)

The Haggis [Printed on the reverse with a highland cow, or maybe Bill Forsyth on the front and an Icecream van and machine gun on the back] will need to be backed by something of rare value, seen as Scotland has no Scottish owned banks [The Clydesdale Bank is owned by the Yorkshire Bank :cool: , who knew? In turn by the National Bank of Australia, and as for the rest...]. So with no gold reserves and no recourse to Sterling it will have to be backed by... the Herring. After all the Marine Conservation Society says they are becoming increasingly endangered and thus their value is appreciating.

The History Man":3efwwf4n said:
Square sausage? White pudding? Never had Stornoway, does it travel?

Nothing wrong with square sausage, perfect on a roll. A lot of posh shops will sell Stornoway black pudding. Certainly places like Waitrose.

I love the way offal based working class food has been gentrified. Waitrose. :facepalm:

Beer, Skittles, faggots mash and mushy peas = happy nights out with a brown envelope with yor wages in it.

Back