Unknown Nickel plated 4lb cromo frame - likely ballistic £65

taffy

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
No idea what it is and happy to chalk it up as a generic but well made Taiwan frame
(Serial number stating "CA" on the NDS of the bottom bracket shell)
Nickel plated
Ritchey dropouts (so must "be am RITCHEY!")
Double butted tubing
Snake stays
Top tuber cable routing
68 Mm bb shell
1-1/8th headtube
Ring re-enforced head tube
Nice details (bottle bosses and cast seatclamp)

Size is 18 center to top (15- 3/4 C-C) top tube is 22" center to center (and thus a tad to small for me)

Pretty good all round - some rust hither and thither and a bit of lacquer chip, there is a shallow dent on the downtube 4 - 5" down on the underside.
and i will confess t being gobsmacked at seeing it under 4lb (3.9something lb's)on my kitchen scales!

£65 posted in the uk

Re: Unknown Nickel plated 4lb cromo frame

Most likely a Ballistic frame. Shame it'll be too big for SWMBO and too small for me. :(

Re: Unknown Nickel plated 4lb cromo frame

Ahh i didn't think of Ballistic - got sidetracked thinking merlin or Merlin Rocklobster (which it isn't)

Yep Wadsy and KeepItSteel had almost identical ones (cable routing slightly different but otherwise pretty identical) so it could be Tange prestige or Ritchey tubing.

Re: Unknown Nickel plated 4lb cromo frame - likely ballistic

Yep, looks like a ballistic to me. I had one new when they came out, lovely frame which I kept for ages until I moved over to disc brakes. If I hadn't just picked up a Bravado on Tuesday...

Looks like a Parkpre with the cable routing, and nickol plate....but the built in clamp don't fit ?

Ooh nice to see this. I've got one almost exactly the same and have been wondering what on earth it is. Mine's Prestige steel and the dropouts are different although still Ritchey. I don't think it's got the diamonds around the bottle bosses but otherwise identical :)

Prestige / Ritchey is the same stable (i,.e the best! along with true temper OX platinum!). frankly i was amazed when the scales dipped under 4lb!

it is still available

let me get a price on that and i'll pm you

Latest posts

Back