Giant Cadex CFM 3 - advise please

giantcadexNL

Retro Newbie
Hello i recently got my hands on this Giant Cadex CFM3, ive dun some digging and i was amazed by the results .
I see them all over the web, in Retro vintage style...

I am not sure what to do with the bike, as it is... do i sell it like it is? Or strip it, and sell parts...
Or try a rebuild custom or vintage, and how much would that set me back??..

I am new to all off this, but the bikes i see on the web look like they had a lot off work,
The bike , at the moment is:
Cadex 3 CFM 3 frame, carbon fibre
It has SHimano deore LX components, from what i can tell al around.

And u might have seen that part already, 1 orange tire the other black.

I beleave this is the 1994's version.
Some pictures....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank u for taking the time to look and read...

As i really am new to this, sounds like that would make it drive and sell ready?...

Im really not sure.. it looks awsome, to be honnest.. The more i look at it the more it makes sence..
My wife wont like me keeping hte bike thats for sure.. lol

Thank u on ur thoughts...

I am rather curious what i could get for it when it rides again...

Start by turning around the seat post, because this is wrong on so many levels. Then give it a good clean and lube, set it up to your liking and ride it a bit. You'll soon figure out what you want to do with it.

Welcome to where-did-my-money-go-and-how-long-will-my-wife-put-up-with-this.com

ROFL,... NOW i know why it looked a bit wierd.. FIrst thing il change!! lol

and thank u for the warm-and-allarming-welcome.. lol

Normally I should be pointing you to the the "How much is my XYZ worth" thread for valuations. However the bike sells for so little that it's not really worth typing the question again.
Frame and fork tend to sell for around £50 in our "for sale" section, a complete CFM3 tends to go for around £100, and that's with a good saddle and complete grips.

Try to convince her that it would make a good shopping bike. Then in time as you upgrade it, it'll become too good for shopping, which justifies buying another retro bike. That trick works like a charm.

Right. I do have a good saddle spare, Black straight grips cost around 3 euros..
Would the upgrade to slim swable road tyres be any good then?

I hapen to have 2 off the lying around, i was going to put them on my other MTB.

Also, not sure that having the stand attached to the carbon fibre seat stay is a good thing, I'd be todding that asap and making sure there is no damage.

don't know about this one, but the previous version had the aluminium luggs, but the top, down and seat tube were carbon, the chain and seat stays were carbon too. 1,2,3 all had same frame just different colours and components (although some had a carbon yoke and some an alloy one)... er I think, from memory.

Back