A Summer Evening on Ben Lomond

What date works for an evening with Ben Lomond?

• Wednesday 26th June

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Thursday 27th June

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wednesday 3rd July

• Friday 12th July

• Total voters

gmac123

MacRetro Rider
How's about it, as previously suggested in the Midweek Moontains thread, I'm suggesting a huff and puff up the Ben for some fine evening views then a rip back down for a chippy super.

It's our southern munro and readily accessible for most, or at least the West (is best) population. The Ben is a pretty darn busy hill and for me it's outa scope at the weekend when there's too much traffic to make it a safe and responsible venture for all hill users imo.

So leveraging on the long nights and fine Scottish summer weather :LOL: :LOL: , who's up for the cup?

Suggested dates above..

On or about to to go on holiday and breaks for every date but to be honest i'd never get there anyway.
Have fun although your missing out on doing it on the solstice which is Friday 21st june I belive.

cheers velo, enjoy your break

think the solstice is a popular night for such runs, I'm sure I read a blog or watched a youtube with riders jumping about the Ben and biving overnight at the solstice then heading straight of to work after an early morning of fun

Aye, I'm writing off June, G. Road bike maybe, but I can't see me doing any MTB until I get back from hols.

Surprised there's not more takers for this, I always thought it was a bucket-list ride.

velomaniac":32h46vb1 said:
The worlds huge, why would going up a Scottish hill be a bucket list ride :?

Because Scottish hills are the best hills!
:mrgreen:

Aside from that, munro bagging has never been on my radar, bike or no, and unfortunately I wouldn't be able to make any of the polled times. :(

If you go on yer todd though Gmac, take loads of photos and you might inspire me to go hill hogging in the future. :LOL:

Its on my list of things to do this year but alas none of the dates work for me, I'm looking into doing the Merrick on the Solstice though, I'll let you know if its a goer.

missing a reply from last night, dammed crap tablet devices, also fecked up my supermarket order!!

@ ZZ good to hear you intend to be on a bike this soon! thought it may be a while..

not so much bucket list as a kick start to a my munrobiking period, which I'd hoped to have well underway by now... dammed time consuming work, it's like a big fat leach sucking the life outa me at the mo..

@fftc - the views (and close local) is the main driver for this sortie, hopefully will get a an evening of kind weather and photogenic vistas! will certainly post amateurish photos..

@kaiser - could be up for you merrick ride, I'm doing the 3 peaks on the 18th into the 19th, so providing I can slip out without domestic grief, I'm in. keep me informed!

Back