XTR M950 STIs with issues so £20 only

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Here we have a pair of M950 Stis that I bought thinking that they were actually m952 stis (see sale thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 2#p1936342). They are in OK shape, a few scrapes but nothing too major cosmetically. the right shifter has issues though, so selling as spares/repairs only. Not sure what the issue is exactly a they shift up ok, but the release lever doesn't release properly. I suspect these have been fettled with as the package they came in had evidence of lube. I have opened these up and taken a look and to me it seems that the cog when inside is not I'm the right place, as when the releases lever is activated, one of the internal sprung levers catches on a cog/tooth rather than fitting inbetween the teeth. Everything inside looks to be free from wear and tear so think these are salvageable. If not, you could simply remove the shifter pods and you'll have a nice sturdy set of m950 brake levers for £20 and a bit of cutting and filing effort.

Attachments

• IMG_1783.JPG
    IMG_1783.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 692
  • IMG_1782.JPG
    IMG_1782.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 692
Re: XTR M950 STIs x 3 (1 front, 2 rear) - £55

Good luck with the sale mate...didn't realise these were the levers that you had been stiffed on...

Re: XTR M950 STIs - £25

Any swaps you are after?

M95x front mech possibly, or a rim to match one I need to replace (not sure what it is, but might be a mavic 217 in the brown/grey finish). I'm sure there is more, what you got?

Will check what rims I got spare here.

Got alsorts of bits here.

Back