Orange R1 FIR rims

robsmith115

Retro Newbie
I have some Orange R1 (FIR) rims on Shimano LX FH-M565 hubs. does anybody know what spoke length I will need to rebuild the rear wheel?? Also are these wheels now sought after??

robsmith115":26wjhftx said:
Also are these wheels now sought after??

not particularly I would say. Obviously also depends on wear and life left in them. Your best bet on a good price would probably be someone trying to create the mythical "Brit" build where all/most components are british or british labelled.

Rims are particularlly difficult for this type of build as the only 2 firms who have made/labelled rims are Orange (FIR) and X-Lite (phatso's). So in this case the buyer would be looking to bin the Shimano hubs for something like hope - which would mean the rims would have to have enough life in them to make the rebuild worthwhile.

Alternatively Orange completists might want them for one of their builds. What bike did they come on?

Either way dont expect too much the wrong side of £50 imho.

They are sought after if you have a nice Orange bike to fit them to, I did put a wanted Ad up to source some, And I did manage to get some complete wheels and some spares to build up, but still looking out for some :)

robsmith115":139n44wn said:
I have some Orange R1 (FIR) rims on Shimano LX FH-M565 hubs. does anybody know what spoke length I will need to rebuild the rear wheel?? Also are these wheels now sought after??

I'm seeking some FIR Rims or complete wheels, so yes very much sought after :)

Of course retrobike being what it is there are a lot of orange completists on here eh Jussa?

Not that I could condone such a crazy pastime ;)

Back