Just another jones spaceframe

Today was sunny and I had the day off work so wanted a longer ride, I planned a 35 miler to the coast via offroad cycle tracks and bridle ways.....nice and peaceful!

Brakes have settled in and are super powerful and I stopped to adjust the EBB to take up the slack in the chain, apart from that there shouldn't be much maintenance to carry out on a single speed bike.

My mate joined me on my moonlander, I'm fitter on a bike so it was no issues running alongside a geared bike.

The single track was fast and flowing, jumping turds and potholes and then a nice cruise along the seaside for ice cream.....then into town to see friends and then hit the quayside for a nice sausage.

Great day.....bikes covered 62 miles in 2 rides!

Day 3 with the jones.....couldn't wait to get home and ride it.....not many bikes make me like this these days!

Today was meant to be a rest day but the weather changed that when I was at work....

Just a local loop of 15 miles....20c all day so stunning day for it.

Managed a nice 35 miler after work tonight.....superb conditions.

My two workmates were on full suspension bikes.....single speed jones was just fine though!

Cool under the trees

Seaton sluice

Little bit of public sections

Seaton sluice beach

Blyth beach

Ice cream time!

Coffee and banana!

Sunset.....almost home

What's the purpose of such large tires? I thought 2.5 were grippy/lazy enough but those are just insane...

Noisia":3dv2203p said:
What's the purpose of such large tires? I thought 2.5 were grippy/lazy enough but those are just insane...

4" tire and low psi on a wide 82mm rim gives you huge grip and soaks up the bumps faster than shocks

Back