Something not right with this Marin!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm only viewing the photos on my phone but it looks to me like the air shock simply hasn't got any air pressure in it so the rear end is effectively "bottomed out" as it were.

retrocomeback":tnrhlbb8 said:
I'm only viewing the photos on my phone but it looks to me like the air shock simply hasn't got any air pressure in it so the rear end is effectively "bottomed out" as it were.

Quite possible....

Westfailure":etdmctre said:
The angle of the saddle is merely deceiving the eye.

Yes, the angle of the seat tube gives the game away, Marins of this design were never that laid back. The seller has strangely just tweaked the seat angle in what one can only reasonably surmise is an amateur attempt to hide the fact the shock is either fecked or they just can't be bothered to pump it up (note there is no mention of a the shock being broken in the listing)

yeah it could be blown and not holding air, also the fork is way to long for that frame.

no brakes, no shifters, it's also the more xc based full suss from several years ago, early 2000's, and have you (tried to) read the description? never been used off road?

the manitou forks on it suck and judging by the rest of the bike and description i'd say they are probably dead aswel.

steer well clear.

Ha ha ha, that looks great. :facepalm:

When I was into custom motorcycles we might have called that a goose necked frame.

I reckon that'd be great for beach front cruizin.

Pinged a quick question to the seller asking about the condition of the shock and confirmation of no cracks or dents anywhere in the frame and swingarm being it has "never been used off road", I'll copy as paste any response up here :)

easy-rider_1647037c.jpg

Back