DMR Trailstar - from zero to hero....

Hi their , nice build mate, I'm building a mk1 trailstar 98 model at the min, and just need a sticker set !
Mines like yours but 90% retro 10 % mod just so I can ride it hard lol, spec of mine is mk1 frame but cut all the cable guides off , dmr wingbars , dmr headstock, dmr seat post and clamp, fsa orbit head set, dmr 3 pices cranks with dmr sprocket and 5 arm adaptor , some dmr sidekick forks but also have some new dj3 , dmr dv rim on dmr disc hubs , single speed 14mm for rear, Runing disc brakes tho r moto tyres dmr grips, the only parts new are wheels and dj3, rest of from 90s lol I can't wait to ride it , and I might have some parts for yours. ? Like dmr chain guide top and bottom part , an the dmr side kick forks going cheap !

awesome looking DMR. You have done a great job bring this legend back to life. Look forward to further updates

Stalled a bit this one as I've been so busy on other things.

I don't really like the shape of the DMR bars so I might be ordering some other ones that would be more my shape.

Got some Middleburn cranks for it now, was waiting on the right set!!

Need to get it finished so I can still ride it in the nice weather!!

chop chop then Rob!

tumblr_lfps5fygu01qbk15ko1_400.gif

So I started fitting the Middleburn cranks, X Rays and the Maguras.....

No chainring bolts. Doh!
Wrong BB length. Double Doh!
No Gripshift washers. Triple Doh!
Hoses about 1cm too short on the Maguras. Quad Doh!
Noticed spokes are all really loose. Quintuple Doh!
Can't find the front mech...... oh I give up.

Orderded some stuff from CRC..... never going to get this done!!

I must say, this isn't going to be a lightweight bike - it's a struggle to pick it up!! I think it's made out of solid bars of steel rather than tubes....

That's the trouble with riding a Kilauea, it tends to put everything else in the shade! :LOL:

My daughter is bringing hers with her when they come down on Friday to pick up the Saracen...

...wonder what I can persuade her to swap for it? :facepalm:

Owing to financial pressures I think I'm going to sell this one on. :-(
It's a shame but I still haven't finished it and it needs riding.
Will be in for sale section soon.

Latest posts

Back