Still looking for some work if anyone has any ?

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Kinda feel like i've been living my life the wrong way round a bit.........now mid forties find that i should have got a profession when i had the chance (and i did ) ..........but i lived in Wales and living was easy and rent was cheap.........and there were so many hills to ride !

I was almost semi retired at one point, with such low rent and part time work covering the bills, i had 20 years of amazing riding :D

But now with an 11 month old baby and high cost of living pushing at us and NO hills or steams, i'm really wishing i'd planed for my future and my teeth !......not that it helped my brother and his wife recently being laid off together after 25 years and good wages......jeez i've even been applying for local apprenticeships at £100 a week ( and all kinds of stuff ) in the hope that some will take on an older person (some do)......but i will not do agency again........i need regular work, part/full-time but long time :(

Dont give up, ive just graduated from uni at 43 and now Im a qualified teacher. Never too late to get a profession

Chute55uk":ifkljgoi said:
Dont give up, ive just graduated from uni at 43 and now Im a qualified teacher. Never too late to get a profession

Absolutely don't give up, a friend of mine is 44 and just finished her first year at Uni training to be a nurse. I would love to go back to education myself.

Alison

Are you of an age that meant your driving licence when you passed a test, included 7.5tonne lorries? If so the amount of driving agencies are on the rise and there is plenty of work with them.

Agencies by nature can be fickle but get in and be reliable and they tend to push you the good and regular work. Not ideal but a start?

Train to be a foot health professional, 6weeks online 1 weeks hands on experience and your qualified to cut toenails at £20 a pop.... Much nicer than hard work for shit wages

The parts of Wales i lived in were very poor on jobs when we left (why we left) and it has not got better. My wife in doing advanced chemistry part time and working, so she wants to stick round here to get a job in that arera in the future and she hated Wales, lake district or similar yes........

I have an interview next Thurs and a possible lead on something else i'll keep on trying :) .

Back