Tandem identification might be a Schauff

MichaelinNorwich

Retro Newbie
I've recently bought a steel frame Ladyback tandem which looks similar to a Schauff. I have some photos of lug details which may help to identify it. The problem is that someone has repainted it and presumably overpainted any signage on the frame.

The primary and secondary chains are on the right hand side of the frame as viewed by the crew, the cranks have cotter pins and the rear cranks are considerably shorter than those for the pilot.

It seems to have been designed with fixed gears in mind as it has a chain tensioner.

Thanks

MichaelinNorwich":2m7vfob8 said:
I've recently bought a steel frame Ladyback tandem which looks similar to a Schauff. I have some photos of lug details which may help to identify it. The problem is that someone has repainted it and presumably overpainted any signage on the frame.

The primary and secondary chains are on the right hand side of the frame as viewed by the crew, the cranks have cotter pins and the rear cranks are considerably shorter than those for the pilot.

It seems to have been designed with fixed gears in mind as it has a chain tensioner.

Thanks

A thank you would be appreciated for my reply (on your other thread) about the hub gears.

Roadking.

Many thanks to Roadking for his assistance and advice, sorry that I had to be reminded, but as yet I am not familiar with the practices of this forum
Michael

Latest posts

Back