Wtd: someone to finish my cranks

st

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm resurrecting the GT in my signature after hanging it up in the loft last year and I need some cranks.

I want to go a bit more modern and am on the look out for some M737s but I have some modern Race face cranks which got me thinking.

They are black anno Atlas cranks with external bottom bracket so do look a bit too modern and heavy but I thought that in silver they would look good.

I don't want the maintenance of a full polish so wondered about a nice even bead blast to give a matt silver finish.

The issue then is finding someone in the UK who could do it for me.

Anyone got the capabilities or can offer a first hand recommendation?

Ta.

Thought about just stripping the anno off? Easy to do at home when done give a once over with some scotchbrite and there you go silver cranks.

I tried stripping some anodised parts last year using oven cleaner and the results were pretty poor, it left a very patchy finish which seemed to just bleach out the colour rather than remove the finish.

On this basis I had discounted the idea.

Your bike's looking good Stu. I'd never heard of that model before. Looks nicely set up for ripping around the Chase!

Ahhh oven cleaners crap, if your ever over my side of the m6 (wednesbury) I have some stuff you can have that does the job brilliantly.

Paddy

Thanks for that Paddy, Wednesbury is easy for me, just in touch with kanerdog about his idea at the moment.

Will, that's how it looked last year, I'm tinkering with some different ideas though as the cantis and rigid forks were nailing me when I rode it.

I would have thought most anodisers could do the job for you.

I recently had a anodised black spider converted to a matt silver finish by Griff's in Bristol:

www.realitymotorworks.com

but I'm sure that there are many others out there that could help

You had a look down powerstation road ? I have had some power coating done by a company called Marmo coatings , they may know of someone who can help if they do not do it 01889586672 , ask for mark he is the boss.

Oops, forgot about this thread! All sorted now in a change of plan that now has a different bike altogether in the garage, cheers though!!!

Back