Pace MXCD elastomer dimensions

Bri957cc

Old School Hero
I have two sets of Pace MXCD forks that require a rebuild, and am interested in trying to source elastomers from somewhere other than Pace or the suspensionforkparts website.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the elastomers, alas mine are all too degraded to try and measure.

I've got a spare set(need them so not selling), but I can measure up. I was thinking of trying the same idea for the earlier pace forks, have you found a supplier as I would imagine the bigger your order, the cheaper it will be?

Thanks, that would be a great help.

Initially I was just going to try and find out how much they would cost, before ordering a sample.

Will let you know how I get on.

Just replaced half of them in my MXCD's myself so would certainly be interested in more from a cheaper supplier if you need to bulk the order up a bit.

Sorry for the delay:

Od: 16mm
Id: 5mm
Height: 20mm

If you find a supplier, it would be worth considering manitou and rock shox sizes too, as well as the earlier pace ones (can probably measure those too)

You can buy rods on eBay. Good luck figuring out the hardness you need. You can drill the hole through them.

FluffyChicken":1hfsm0yn said:
You can buy rods on eBay. Good luck figuring out the hardness you need. You can drill the hole through them.
That's the trick for sure. I found a nice supplier once, but didn't know where to start with hardness. Maybe someone on here knows the 'shore' scale (if memory serves) and can advise?

I used some RST Mozo elastomer to rebuild a set internal bolt holes a bit smaller but it went together wht a bit of grease.

taffy":1lfa0y3y said:
I used some RST Mozo elastomer to rebuild a set internal bolt holes a bit smaller but it went together wht a bit of grease.
Was this on some mx range forks or the earlier RC range? Where did you get them from?

RC 35's the larger diameter longer elastomer (2 Pace ones per leg) to be frank i just bought a cheap set of Mozo's off ebay for about £15! cheap and nearly double the no of elastomers needed for the pace

Back