Saturday 6th July

Matthews

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm up near Helmsley that weekend for a Land Rover trial but will be looking to do a ride on the Saturday , my current plan is to start at top of Sutton Bank and head North (a la Vern's Hambleton hill ride last year) but after stopping for lunch at Hawnby I'll be going up to the top of Newgate bank and then along the escarpment and eventually back down Riccal Dale across to Pockley and down Howdale lane back to campsite at Nawton.
Anybody fancy joining me (yes I know it's one way but I'm sure we can sort out the logistics of getting people/bikes from Nawton to Sutton Bank either at the start or finish . I think it's about 25>30 miles and the climb up to the b road at Newgate Bank is a bit of a 15 minute walk!. Most of it's off road and most is easily rideable . The cafe at Nawton does really nice beef, red onion and stilton panini's .
Matthew

Sorry mate I'm busy on Saturday,

If you fancy riding Sunday we're heading out from near Scaling dam, drop me a pm if you fancy it.

cheers kaya

Baaaaahhhh. I'm nailed down in Leeds this weekend. The weather looks pretty good for this weekend too! ah well, i'll try have a local blast out somewhere. Enjoy your 20+ degrees and lovely scenery! some pics if you get chance too, please :)

:D Around ten years ago, you fitted me a rear diff (limited slip) second hand from junk yard. Two years after and 50,000 miles later I changed the oil for tap water and, didn't put the drain plug back in(added weight). two more years later and it sounded like two skeletons fighting in a bin, usual wear i thought, now at 187,020 miles on the clock it finally gave up! gosh, i thought they were built to last!!?

Question. Would you be prepared to pay for a total replacement and free labour?

I don't need an answer straight away as i'm busy fitting hella lighting direct to battery rated at 240v. should be ok.

;) :LOL:

slmracing":3nrdnj26 said:
Marc are you up for a recce of the new and improved new miller dam ride on Saturday :D

I just might! probably beyond 11am...ish, see how things go in the garden. I will get intouch friday.

cheers.

Back