NOS parts, use, sit on or sell??

Chopper1192":2iazmdtl said:
gtRTSdh":2iazmdtl said:
I think the best thing about NOS is that when you put it on your bike you know it's not knackered!
The problem is a lot of sellers still think its NOS when it's taken off the bike again.

what's wrong with testing it for the buyer? LOL

I have a 07 clockwork its a 19" and have come to the realisation I am never grow enough at 35 years old to be tall enough to ride it so its going to have to be sold

Chopper1192":nm8rypb5 said:
gtRTSdh":nm8rypb5 said:
I think the best thing about NOS is that when you put it on your bike you know it's not knackered!
The problem is a lot of sellers still think its NOS when it's taken off the bike again.

That's something I've never really 'got' about this Forum; the number of people who spend a small fortune on a build, only to split it shortly after to fund something else... :?

The bikes of mine that I've spent far more on than is really wise I shall never get rid of; I wouldn't have bothered in the first place otherwise.

Sure I have quite a bit of 'stock' common sense demands I move on, but I shall be making a massive loss on some of it...

...I bought a NOS Attac stem, still in the box, from the States and it makes my eyes water when I think how much I paid for it, only to change my mind on how I wanted the build to progress once I'd fitted it and ridden about 10 miles on it!

Ditto a couple of CK headsets, and another 1 1/4" Manitou stem :facepalm:

Going to have to have a think what to do. I am about to buy a new road bike and selling the disk would go some of the way to paying for the Zipp 404 firecrests. I know though if I sell it I will be wanting another one...

Back