Pace RC40 XCAMs - Minty and Serviced!

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Set of Pace RC40 XCAM forks.

In mint condition with a small amount of cable/hose rub to the crown (as well as the usual marks from fitting/removing a headset race).

Lowers are in outstanding condition.
Decals are virtually perfect (no peel, none missing).
Stanchions are spotless.
Hard spring fitted.
180mm x 1,1/8" threadless steerer.

The forks were serviced by Tim at Fork English ("justbackdated") around a month ago and they've seen less than 50 miles use since then. They've had a new LC2 assembly fitted, as well as an additional retent bearing in the travel adjust dial to make them nice and clicky ;)

The service and new bits cost £120, and I can supply the receipt for the work carried out.

Given the condition, and the amount I paid to have the work done, I'm asking for £155 posted to the UK.

NOW SOLD

These forks literally need nothing doing to them, and are ready to go.

I'll post some better photos of the forks as soon as I've taken them off the bike - for now you can see them built up on my Cove Hustler by clicking HERE.

In answer to a PM which I received this morning, the forks have adjustable travel between 100mm and 130mm :)

Oh, and if you need any reassurance about their condition - ask Logic.Al because he's seen them in the flesh ;)

Rather interested in these, waiting on those pics ;)

Argghh feck! 180mm steerer may be a tad too short for my needs, will go and check :facepalm:

jimo746":15j3jh05 said:
Rather interested in these, waiting on those pics ;)

Argghh feck! 180mm steerer may be a tad too short for my needs, will go and check :facepalm:

Fingers crossed it's long enough!

This picture should give a fairly good visual indication of the steerer length:

IMAG0384_zpse914b1dc.jpg

Don't suppose you fancy a pair of Fox F100 in similar condition as swappage? Not 100% yet as I'm about to swap frames but I think these will suit my new set-up better...

Any idea what the weight range is for the firm spring, if that's not too personal a question? :p :LOL:

Cheers!

elPedro666":2dc8vexm said:
Don't suppose you fancy a pair of Fox F100 in similar condition as swappage? Not 100% yet as I'm about to swap frames but I think these will suit my new set-up better...

Any idea what the weight range is for the firm spring, if that's not too personal a question? :p :LOL:

Usually I would say yes, but I've actually just bought some '09 Float 140s so I'm all sorted for forks.

Cheers :)

No bother, very tempted anyway and I'll just put mine up for sale; all hinges somewhat on how the next couple of days bidding on the potential new frame goes...

Any idea on that spring rating?

Cheers!

Back