SE Photography Thread

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pic & with the M25 so close, yet out of site, I reckon that must be around the Wilmington/Horton Kirby/Fawkham area. If it is, I was out there today, riding out of Bexley, you forget there are some very picturesque rides just on your door step

Thats the one! Shirehall Road i think is the road that runs adjascent to it.
I found lots of trails just like these a stones throw away from Dartford/ Bexley- iv'e been riding them for years! Basically it's a case of see a footpath and see where it goes. Lots of hidden gems round the back of Orpington too ;)

alonestare and blackc5 - where are you guys from then? We should meet up for a ride....

BR1 but with the iron horses can and do go all over the place. In the spirit of doing the right thing, I'd like to stay clear of footpaths unless of course bikes are allowed on them.

Bexley is just up the road so nice and easy for me to get to.

humanoid1989":2r10zdgu said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pic & with the M25 so close, yet out of site, I reckon that must be around the Wilmington/Horton Kirby/Fawkham area. If it is, I was out there today, riding out of Bexley, you forget there are some very picturesque rides just on your door step

Thats the one! Shirehall Road i think is the road that runs adjascent to it.
I found lots of trails just like these a stones throw away from Dartford/ Bexley- iv'e been riding them for years! Basically it's a case of see a footpath and see where it goes. Lots of hidden gems round the back of Orpington too ;)

alonestare and blackc5 - where are you guys from then? We should meet up for a ride....

Thought that was the case, half way down Shirehall Road heading towards Hawley foot path on your right.......

I am in Bexley Village would be good to get a few people out for a ride but what with cycling every day to work & back (Canary Wharf) I tend to rest weekends, inbetween ferrying kids here there and everywhere so might be a tad hard to fit one in:-(

But no harm in trying.....

Thames Path is the sun anyone?
Oh go on then....

966875_10151694575678115_196590522_o.jpg

I had the pleasure of riding alongside some chavs on MX bikes round the back of Erith- they said 'wanna race mate'.
They were quite impressed that i managed to keep up a bit.......

waiting to cross the Queen Elizabeth II bridge

Oh the memories! :D

Here is the gem that is Joydens Wood near Bexley- my local and has been since ooooh the 1980's....

1098491_10151809130808115_661067487_n.jpg

Not often i will appear for the camera, but i had my mate Mikey with me this time!

Thought I'd add a pic from an evening ride last week . Forgive me if you've seen many similar pics , it's down to my newbieism status !Top of Chanctonbury Ring looking east .

Attachments

• 9647325331_7ca7874a27.jpg
    9647325331_7ca7874a27.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 779

Latest posts

Back