SE Photography Thread

BobCatMax":365ssidl said:
We were over on the Kent border for our honeymoon by Groomsbridge. We felt it was definitely worth revisiting and going past the borders :)

Sure is- there's a treasure trove of fine trails if you can find them ;)
Many of them are tucked away and you could ride straight past without ever knowing they were there, local knowledge is key.

On my ride today I took a photo from the vineyard, all the cultivated fields in the pic have the grapes growing in them.
Anyway back to Boxmound, yes it should be renamed, it's not a hill, it's a hill missing a top, a few hundred metre bit I recon. I can't believe I huff and puff going up it.

Attachments

• box-mound.jpg
    box-mound.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 728
Just before a bike ride.........(my bike is there in the background)......but someone else wants to go out for a walk ;-)

dh4h1i.jpg

humanoid1989":13yveakf said:
A view of one of my favourite Bluebell Trails near Bexley, Kent.

943746_10151656843218115_1166653295_n.jpg

There are many pretty trails in this neck of the woods ;)

Care to share the details? I'm not far away in BR1 so would like something local to mess about in...

Re:

humanoid1989":2vygn6v8 said:
I had a spare hour and a half before dinner yesterday, the I Pod was fully charged and the sun was shining- so out i went.
Behind that field is rush hour on the M25, and lots of frustrated people sat in traffic :LOL:
Such a glorious little ride......

549446_10150939447653115_578942923_n.jpg

I havent got my 92 Cinder Cone sorted yet, so heres my more modern ride :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that pic & with the M25 so close, yet out of site, I reckon that must be around the Wilmington/Horton Kirby/Fawkham area. If it is, I was out there today, riding out of Bexley, you forget there are some very picturesque rides just on your door step

Care to share the details? I'm not far away in BR1 so would like something local to mess about in...

Sharing is good ;)
It's a very small pocket of woodland called 'Martens Grove' next to Bexleyheath town centre. It's something to pass through on your way to Joydens Wood and the North Downs beyond.
Martens Grove itself is about a two minute circuit and a 30 second downhill :LOL: but link it with several small type woodlands in the local area (like Burstead Woods up the road in North Heath) and you can make a road and tiny woodland loop. A pleasant way to spend a couple of hours....

Back