Missy Giove 1993 Yeti ARC ASLT

ridevintagemtb":2fgbx294 said:
Lot of kind comments so far, thanks. Someone asked how it rode. Lets just say not great and leave it at that. Lot of mechanical issues with this bike. Some lowlights:

- Amazingly the shock held air for 20 years. Getting more in proved to be a wicked PITA and involved the help of Risse (nice guys). If anyone ever needs help with these needle valve ports, I can help.

- The fork is the best version of a Manitou I've ever ridden and it still sucks. I'm amazed that no one died racing one (that I can think of). I'm more amazed anyone BITD would have paid for one of these over a RockShox air fork.

- There's a downhill switchback scene in that video that's the second take after the first took the life of the first Ringle hub.

Ultimately it's a cool bike, but 'vintage full suspension' provides more frustration than performance benefit. Anyone saying differing isn't pushing the bike hard enough.

That was me and thank you for the reply! My o my...so it wasn't the deformaties that caused issues moreover the components of the era. Whatever next? Modern kit better than the stuff we love? ;-)

Not many mtb collectors who can track down, rebuild, photograph, video, and ride a bike at the level Ameybrook does.

Back