Wookiee's 1997 Mount Vision...

Right so a morning tinkering in the garage the Mount Vision is starting to take shape. I decided to go with an external XTR BB and an M960 XTR chainset. I like the look of it and it saves a bit of weight too! I have bolted everything on the cables are attached to the levers but need finishing and attaching to the vee's and mechs. I had a quick weigh in and without cable outers it weighs in at 26.4lbs! Thats a saving of about 5lbs over my '08 Marin Rift Zone! Still would like to source an air shock for the rear and possibly the same for the forks...also tempted to get the rear swingarm back to bar metal to match the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0021.jpg
    IMG_0021.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 482
PopsTrippin":1gjzdoct said:
I'm not really a fan of full sussers mate but i gotta say that doesn't look too bad. Hats off to ya.

Rich

+1 and i got to agree about reverting the colour of the swing arm back to it's original colour :cool: ..

PopsTrippin":28idkbes said:
I'm not really a fan of full sussers mate but i gotta say that doesn't look too bad. Hats off to ya.

Rich

Not too bad eh Rich? I'll take that as some sort of complement! :LOL: I do like the ride of a full sus and my first experience was a 1997 Marin Quake...then went for an '08 Rift Zone but have recently found it a tank! So this was all about going lighter and simpler...and I think I am getting there!

Muddy paw":2kpb9uon said:
PopsTrippin":2kpb9uon said:

Rich

+1 and i got to agree about reverting the colour of the swing arm back to it's original colour :cool: ..

yeah I want to strip the swingarm and change the front fork too...not sure the best way to go about it...paint stripper or blasting...

Brief history lesson on why the Marin Mount Vision is part of mountain bike history and should be valued a lot more on retro bike forums:

1994 – ATB starts an R&D department, employing F1 engineer Jon Whyte to develop a full suspension design

1995 – Suspension design is licensed to Marin and goes into production

1997 – Paul Lasenby rides into the record books on his Marin Mount Vision, becoming the first ever pro-elite racer to win an XC on a full suspension bike

1998 – More records – this time the first XC Championship on a suspension bike

This Marin is the 'daddy' of race full susers of today!

Latest posts

Back