Multiple bike insurance!!

ratcapa

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
Funk Fan
Feedback
View
Does anybody have special arrangements with their insurer, has anybody had an agreed valuation or are they just specified.

My insurer will only give me so much for the entire contents of my garage so I'd like to know who you use to insure your bikes if you have several?

Thanks in advance.

Many home insurers will cover them if you itemize them on the policy. I'm with direct line and all the bikes and serial numbers are listed on the policy, as are all portable computers Inc tablets.

Many home insurers will cover them if you itemize them on the policy. I'm with direct line and all the bikes and serial numbers are listed on the policy, as are all portable computers Inc tablets.

Does that give you any cover outside the home, like if a bike is locked up outside a shop etc.? If so, do you need to use an approved lock or other security devices?

have a rider on my policy that covers the bikes. You should be able to get a rdier on contents from any insurance company...they may require proof of value or appraisal of value but they'll write to cover it.

xerxes":1on9il9e said:
Does that give you any cover outside the home, like if a bike is locked up outside a shop etc.? If so, do you need to use an approved lock or other security devices?

Yes Sir, it does.

Apart from my commuter I never leave them unattended in public. The commuter gets locked with a Sold Secure shackle and cable, inside the fence of the Firearms Unit compound. Anyone wishing to steal it would be well advised not to be a Brazillian electrician, shouting anything about infidels, or wearing a rucksck.

Chopper1192":v8rmweob said:
xerxes":v8rmweob said:

Yes Sir, it does.

Apart from my commuter I never leave them unattended in public. The commuter gets locked with a Sold Secure shackle and cable, inside the fence of the Firearms Unit compound. Anyone wishing to steal it would be well advised not to be a Brazillian electrician, shouting anything about infidels, or wearing a rucksck.
pmsl
I saw 2 so19? in maccy d,s this morning buying their brekky, tooled up as well with what looked like glocks strapped to the leg holsters, badass. still drive around in bleedin people carriers though the fairys :D

Household policies vary...I chose one recently that has no limit on the number of bikes or their value. They are insured away from home also but must be locked but by no specific lock type...I has to list the make, model, serial numbers, and value. But I too like chopper only use them really to go out and ride and don't leave them anywhere locked up...I have one "going to the shops" bike and lock that but my more expensive/rarer bikes don't leave my side out an about.

Back