RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 3: Warwickshire ~ 08/06/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many are likely to be doing the shorter/lower paced ride?

I'm tempted to come on this one but I know from last year that I'm not going to be able to live some of the names in the list over the longer distance (or the shorter one TBH).

I was put off doing the shorter one on my marin with slicks for fear of annoyance to the proper road riders. :oops: unless somebody fancies a pootle?

I think the idea is that the shorter ride is the pootle one and the 65 miler a bit brisker (as in, twice the pace). That way, we should end up in the same place at the same time. It will only be a problem if the pootle ride gets above 10mph and we then have to spin the longer ride up a notch or two... :)

any123":25xlo00a said:
easy im not going out for a full time trial ride

Without the benefit of knowing you or your riding standard, sees of humour or punctuation I'm not sure what to make of that? :LOL:

The History Man":1f67foje said:
any123":1f67foje said:
easy im not going out for a full time trial ride

Without the benefit of knowing you or your riding standard, sees of humour or punctuation I'm not sure what to make of that? :LOL:

either route i dont mind but i do not want to be clocking 30mph for 60 miles.

thanks andy

weeman_mtb":1teg6x1s said:
How many are likely to be doing the shorter/lower paced ride?

I'm tempted to come on this one but I know from last year that I'm not going to be able to live some of the names in the list over the longer distance (or the shorter one TBH).

Weeman....there are 4 or 5 locals from the pub signed up to do the shorter ride. Stewart who is leading it will be taking people around at about 10 - 12 mph. So it should be nice and steady.

History Man....you are more than welcome to turn up on a MTB, and as for old duffer, i haven't met you but i can assure you that Stewart (my employer) will be even more dufferish.

Given the weather forecast, is anyone camping?

And more importantly will Dave's 'Yoghurt Pot' melt if the temperature continues to rise?

Hmmmmmm I should ride the Master but I am loving the Cervelo at the moment :twisted:

I do have a pass for camping but don't think anyone else is?

daj":188dbxo0 said:
Hmmmmmm I should ride the Master but I am loving the Cervelo at the moment :twisted:

I do have a pass for camping but don't think anyone else is?

I shall be camping and i think Paul said he might be. Need to know by Friday so i can get chilli ingredients. Fancy a fry up in the am if you are camping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back