ibis1988cano521before01.jpg

and made this out of it:

ibis1988cano52101.jpg

ibis1988cano52102.jpg

ibis1988cano52103.jpg

ibis1988cano52105.jpg

ibis1988cano52107.jpg

ibis1988cano52108.jpg

Later I found the colour matching Silca pump (at a shop somewhere else in Germany!) and a matching WTB King headset, changed the 732 brakes for 730's and added a wider handlebar.
Studio pictures:

ibisno522wa01.jpg

ibisno522wa02.jpg

ibisno522wa03.jpg

ibisno522wa05.jpg

ibisno522wa06.jpg

Specs as seen above:

Frame: Ibis Custom no. 521

Fork: Ibis Custom

Headset: WTB King
Stem: Ibis Clamp-On w noodle
Handlebar: Salsa Steel
Grips: Cunningham modified Magura
Barends: none

Brakes: Shimano XT 730
Brake Pads: Shimano XT 730
Brake Cables: Shimano XT 730
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano XT 730
Brake Levers: Shimano DX

Shifters: Shimano XT 730
Front Derailleur: Shimano XT 730
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT 730
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XT 730
Cassette: Shimano Thread-On Freewheel
Chain: Shimano HG
Cranks: Shimano XT 730
Crank Bolts: Shimano XT 730
Chainrings: Shimano XT 730
Chainring bolts: Shimano XT 730
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XT 730
Pedals: Shimano XT 730

Hub Skewers: Shimano XT 730
Rims: Mavic Oxygen M6
Hubs: WTB Hi-Flange
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT Competition
Tyres: Panaracer Timbuk2 FirstFlight Replicas
Tubes: Schwalbe

Saddle: Turbo
Seatpost: Sakae 26.8mm
Seatpost Binder: Shimano XT 730

Weight: 12,2kg

20110327heide05.jpg

20110327heide08.jpg

It steers a lot different compared to the SS's I'm used to. After some acclimatization time, it was pure fun. A nice touring bike.

That's pretty stunning! I prefer the red side :D

Wow !! now that looks totally amazing so just how much did you get it off the bay for if you don't mind me asking as i'd imagine you had some strong bidders after that and you've made some real smart changes to it as well :cool: ..

That really works well. Very nice indeed, that has made me smile! You have a dilemma if you enter BOTM - which side to photo? Perhaps you could lean it against a large mirror!

Muddy paw":3ugk8mjg said:
Wow !! now that looks totally amazing so just how much did you get it off the bay for if you don't mind me asking as i'd imagine you had some strong bidders after that and you've made some real smart changes to it as well :cool: ..

around 1K €

Huelse":zwrceg8k said:
Muddy paw":zwrceg8k said:

around 1K €

Jeepers :shock: you must have some seriously deep pockets but tbh if i'd had the money then i'd of gone after it to as it just looks really special :D ..

Muddy paw":6ckn4cmt said:
Huelse":6ckn4cmt said:
Muddy paw":6ckn4cmt said:

around 1K €

Jeepers :shock: you must have some seriously deep pockets but tbh if i'd had the money then i'd of gone after it to as it just looks really special :D ..

I don't have. I sold another bike to raise some €. And selling some parts of the weird original build afterwards also gave a little money back so I came out with what an Ibis Custom should be worth. And I always wanted one.

andreaviola":6ckn4cmt said:
I think that there are not so much. Is it a custom paint or a standard production?

Each Custom is different. In the second last picture you can see my #521 and #522 (a friends bike with a Koski straight fork). His frame is purple on both sides, and the green bands are aligned different. There are one or two more frames with that harlequin two-tone colour in Germany. But also little differences. And all are from the same period, so maybe small batches of similar paintjobs were done at that time. But you cannot call it "standard production".

Latest posts

Back