'97 Orange P7 with alu F14 fork

Pictures of paintwork http://imgur.com/a/vYffX Sorry for the crap pics, I can take them again with a better phone if need be. Didn't want to keep you waiting. Hope they help :)

Paint is in a rideable condition throughout, it's not pristine by any stretch.

Cheers

Still pondering over this. I'm just having a crisis of conscious as I have 2 rebuilds on the go at the moment, but would LOVE this as one to take over.

Just thinking about the size frame, I'm about 5ft 11". Wondered how tall you are and if the post is pulled up if it will be rideable for someone of my height. Wouldn't be a serious riding machine, more one for casual Sunday style plods down to the beach and back. :)

Also, do you think some of those darker marks might clean/polish out a little bit, or are they down to metal? Just weighing up if a respray would be warranted, not that is a problem, but just looking at future costs.

Also, are the decals under or over the lacquer?

Haha, that's all good mate. I'm just getting to the point where I want it out of the way and a bit of cash would go towards other bikes for me too :)

I'm 5'10" and I rode it fine on the Downs with the seat post out. It's too small for me for serious riding on, as I am a bit of an orangutan with long arms and legs, it was comfortable enough from Brighton to Lewes tho...

As for the paint, the pictures don't do it justice, yes it's been ridden and there is the damage you'd associate with that but it's a nice orange, and it shines in the sun. I'm sure with a polish and what have you it'd come up lovely but there are some bits which would need more than that.

Can I call provisional Dibs on this? Just need to check with you that the seat post is not stuck in? Had a hell of a time with a P7 i got off on ebay 2 weeks ago, the seat post being completely corroded into the frame, still in process of cutting it out. :)

Back