1991 GT Team Avalanche 18" - SOLD

benbonty

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
FOR SALE!

1991 GT Team Avalanche in great condition. Since I bought this lovely machine, I have added a NOS pair of Ritchey Force Duro Kevlar Tyres, a NOS tioga T-Bone as the flip flop was missing, a New pair of ODI Tomac grips, a tioga seatpost and a very nice Flite Titanium. Other than those changes, the bike is as per original spec, it has XT SLR plus STI units, XT hubs, XT headset, XT chainset, XT front and rear mechs, XT cantilevers at the from and an XT U brake at the back, XT pedals and original GT toe clips.

There are no dents or major scratches, the paint is excellent and the decals are great to save for a little bit of flaking on a couple of the smaller ones. The bike is still running its original brake pads and still had the original tyres on when I bought it, although they were a bit perished, which gives an idea of how little this bike was used!

The bike is fantastic to ride and was GT's top of the line complete bike in 1991.

Here is a page from the '91 GT brochure, its fair to say that they were pretty proud of it back in the day!

I'm looking for £300 collected or £325 posted in the UK for this beauty.

Re: 1991 GT Team Avalanche 18"

wookiee":sl2tp3vq said:
...sorry what size?

18" (in the title) ;)

Lovely bike Ben :cool:

Damn I'm a doofus!! :oops: Shame bit small for me real nice bike and well worth the money!

wookiee":377n9zuj said:
Damn I'm a doofus!! :oops: Shame bit small for me real nice bike and well worth the money!

It'll be very similar in size to your '91 Team Marin....... would make a nice stable mate :LOL:

nevadasmith":2ttwkdz7 said:
wookiee":2ttwkdz7 said:

It'll be very similar in size to your '91 Team Marin....... would make a nice stable mate :LOL:

I had a 20" 1991 Karakoram BITD...guessing this might feel a bit small...

wookiee":21a3jtzo said:
I had a 20" 1991 Karakoram BITD...guessing this might feel a bit small...

I'm not sure to be honest mate I can do some more measurements for you if you'd like!

Back