The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope hubs in red, all 32 hole. Rear is a TI glide, suspension front and a fatso front as well. All none disk titanium ones and all are not cracked.

Pair of NOS Mavic 220 rims 32 hole in silver.

bobman":3k0s45ut said:
Hi guys, am thinking of selling my barely used old Trek - shelled out £1,000 in 1998 and, shamefully, the odometer is now showing a grand total of 63 miles!

spec is here: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... model=8000

Honestly have no idea if this is a 'classic' and so retains some value, or if what was a pricey, super-light bike in 1998 has now been superseded by far cheaper models.

Any advice on what it might be worth or where's best to sell it would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Given its condition about £150-200. Sadly Trek's dont seem too popular to the retro market.

oakley":zaphin44 said:
GT RTS3 in Purple. Can any one advise how much i should put my gt rts3 up for sale for? Its all original as far as im aware and in good condition. Ive had it 12 years and mainly used it on the road in the dry.
Now lookin for somethin newer.

Any advice welcome.

Hard to tell without pics. However there are plenty of past sales. Condition is everything with these.

immaculate condition, £375

another immaculate one, sold for £350

one in fair condition, sold for £150

westyboy":2le3yhjz said:
Claud Butler Pagan 1995...but can this educated forum steer me on price please?

I've owned it from new and can honestly say it's great (the only non original components are chainset and BB, but they are still Shimano Alivio, just later models) but I think it's time to move on so before it breaks my heart is this bike of interest to Retro MTB'ers or am I wasting my time?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 9.jpg.html

Appreciate all constructive comments
The photos are the actual bike, recently taken.

Thanks,
Alan.

The better Claud Butlers struggle to sell, given yours has been updated to mix modern and retro, and given it is a fairly lower end model, sadly think you would be looking at around £50, which although a lot of bike for the money, would be what I would expect it to make.

Hi, looking for some advice regarding a sensible value for selling my much loved, but sadly under-used MuddyFox Alu Sport bike, which is mid-90's, in great condition, and basically all original parts including the suspension stem which once you get used to it makes an amazing addition! Weighs very little at all and rides great, just not getting the use it deserves :(

Attachments

• mfxas.jpg
    mfxas.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 455
coomber":3qr6qsa4 said:
westyboy":3qr6qsa4 said:
Claud Butler Pagan 1995...but can this educated forum steer me on price please?

I've owned it from new and can honestly say it's great (the only non original components are chainset and BB, but they are still Shimano Alivio, just later models) but I think it's time to move on so before it breaks my heart is this bike of interest to Retro MTB'ers or am I wasting my time?

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 9.jpg.html

Appreciate all constructive comments
The photos are the actual bike, recently taken.

Thanks,
Alan.

The better Claud Butlers struggle to sell, given yours has been updated to mix modern and retro, and given it is a fairly lower end model, sadly think you would be looking at around £50, which although a lot of bike for the money, would be what I would expect it to make.

That's fine, an honest answer and one I was expecting tbh so thanks - now in the for sale at £50!!

Hi guys!

I have seen a listing on my local advertising papers of a bike the says it is a 95 Kona Hei Hei (but I am almost sure it isn't).
How much do you think is the real value of the bike?

DSCN2232.JPG

DSCN2238.JPG

Hi All,

Newbie here. I used to be really into biking back in the day, but now living in a flat and having a busy schedule the bike has been unused for five or six years so I'm thinking about letting it go. I would say in overall it is in average condition given the age. The bike is at my parents place 250 miles away, so I don't have any pics, but the starting point before modifications was:

$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2L0BR(wdNHzn!~~60_1.JPG

Spec from Memory:

Standard:
Cinder Cone Alu Frame in Blue (I think 15")
Headset
Bottom Bracket
Shimano LX front derailleur
Shimano XT rear derailleur
Seatpost

Upgrades

Marzocchi Z3 Light Forks
Shimano LX Hubs on Mavic D521 Rims (rear rim is black)
Magura HS33 Rim Hydraulic brakes (Silver)
Shimano LX Front Crankset
Azonic Riser Bars (Black)
Funn Henchman Stem (Dark Grey)
Wellgo V12 Pedals
I can't remember what seat and tyres are on the bike, but these have been replaced for something basic

So my question is, what roughly would it be worth whole, and would I be better to sell any of the parts separately?

Hi Guys,

Had this for over 8 years now, i know they were quite expensive when they came out but hav'nt a clue what it's worth today?

Any ideas please?

Kind regards

Moggy

Attachments

• 1280 wide.JPG
    1280 wide.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 582
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back