John Samways 1992 Formula One – Finished – Page 7

Re: Formula One – Progress Pics – Page 4

NeilM":2xnl656j said:
sinnerman":2xnl656j said:
Where do you find these tyres from you bugger...!
I asked that same question.

Apparently they are hand carved especially for him, by a retired Continental worked living in a cave in the mountains close to Bavaria.

Don't give the secret away - it's hard enough to get him to do it as it is :D

I know how it feels, with the real world stopping play. :oops: so I understand mate, I really do.

The tyres really finish it, you have thought about it, fettled it and not overcooked any of it.

A fitting tribute IMHO.

:cool:

sinnerman":1vvsh4v6 said:
I know how it feels, with the real world stopping play. :oops: so I understand mate, I really do.

The tyres really finish it, you have thought about it, fettled it and not overcooked any of it.

A fitting tribute IMHO.

I know you do mate. I think this doesn't even come close to your sacrifice.

Lets hope I can do the rest justice :)

Giom6":z8qe1e0m said:
sinnerman":z8qe1e0m said:

A fitting tribute IMHO.

I know you do mate. I think this doesn't even come close to your sacrifice.

Lets hope I can the rest justice :)

Mate you have already. :mrgreen:

Re: Formula One – Finished – Page 7

Right, this has taken too long to post up, but I have eventually found the time to finish the Formula One off and as the sun popped out for an hour I took some pics this morning.

It is all done (apart from snipping the cables :oops: ). I have basically striped the whole bike, cleaned, rerfurbed, sprayed, replaced, you name it I've done it…

I think it looks really smart and somewhat different from the bike that arrived.

Anyway, here she is. John Samways training bike :)

Re: John Samways Formula One – Finished – Page 7

HOLY MOLY!

Stunning, simply stunning.

I was going to suggest you now go and get it good and muddy... but on second thoughts.. please don't.

Re: John Samways Formula One – Finished – Page 7

NeilM":1en2lcvp said:
HOLY MOLY!

Stunning, simply stunning.

I was going to suggest you now go and get it good and muddy... but on second thoughts.. please don't.

Thanks Neil.

Don't worry, I won't :)

I think I might wait till it's a little bit drier before I take her for a spin

Back