Trying to fix faff filled stuff...

The History Man":3eifuax7 said:
highlandsflyer":3eifuax7 said:
It is with massive irony that as soon as I mentioned this Blomberg being trouble free it is playing up. I will have a look at it tomorrow, the washing went through a cycle and was still wet and soapy at the end. I really shouldn't have said anything!

I did say.................... A very brave post earlier! :LOL:

It may sound implausible, but it was almost immediately after I read your post that the wife mentioned it. Had no time to look at it until I got home, and I am now too knackered to look at it until tomorrow.

I am sure it will be something simple.

highlandsflyer":3rzohxhm said:
technodup":3rzohxhm said:
I've spent £80 in 6 years on my 20 year old boiler.

Wow! Treat 'em mean keep 'em keen, aye?

Mine's a bit older than that so I have to give her a few quid to treat herself now and then. :mrgreen:

Sorry darling ;)

I can't make the sums work for £250 a year insurance, we've had a 10 year old washing machine go & that's about it.

new washing machine arriving friday, old one sent off with a salute from a grateful household.

will be ringing around for a Doblo door as ebay tends to flog bare shells rather than near complete.

Out £216 a year covers over £2000 worth of equipment non of which we can afford to replace suddenly and when the do brake down or get accidentally damaged there are exorbitant call out charges,half hourly rates and parts costs and they add up to silly money. Our insurance has paid for itself many times over, we've had a lot more from them than they've had from us

Alison

on a side note, personally contents insurance isnt worth shit. whatever gets claimed for is immediately pulled back with the next year's renewal. theres enough second hand stuff out there to keep the world turning for less than a years worth of premiums.

In my experience of buying second hand, and I've done a lot of it in my time, there is a reason people are selling their second hand stuff, it's knackered :)

legrandefromage":291nphip said:
Nah, you get the knack of sifting decent stuff from the chaff.

Nah, I'm crap at doing that, I've had so many second hand stuff that's gone within a couple of weeks or months we've decided it's just not worth it for white goods, televisions are the only household second hand goods we've had any luck with and the only other thing we have no choice in the matter of is cars, and we tend only to get two to three years out oif those, a year out of the one before the last.

I'll call you next time I want something second hand :D

Alison

Back