John Samways 1992 Formula One – Finished – Page 7

Re: Formula One – Progress Pics – Page 4

Just thoughtI would send you some pictures of the Formula progress.

It has been a bit slow to be honest. A lot slower than I would have hoped but I'm getting there :)

Progress so far. I have been wary of going too far with the clean up so it doesn't look brand new. I still want it to look like the original race bike, just smartened up :)

Everything has been stripped and cleaned(ish). I have polished the crown and dropouts on the forks and I'm pretty happy with them. I've resprayed the brake mounts too and I managed to find a cheap 305 headset so I just replaced the top section and now it looks the nuts.

Next up were the rear stays, seatpost and saddle.

Again, not going to far with a respray or anything. I cleaned up the seat post and resprayed the clamp just to smarten it up. I had a nicer Flite so I've used that. Polished the seat collar and got a nice bit of SRP purple with the seat clamp. Rear stays have jut been cleaned up and I have cleaned up and polished or sprayed the bolts.

Last bit of progress for now.

The Wheels.

I managed to get hold of some nice purple Hope / Campag wheels (thanks mate ;)) and polished them up. Added the IRD freewheel, a set of purple x-lite skewers and a lovely set of Continental Supercross tyres. Job done! :)

Its starting to come together now but still need more time to finish off the other bits. Handlebar and mechs next.

Good to see it looking like a bike again.

I'm not sure that the words nice and purple go together, but each to their own I guess.

Where did you get the freewheel from?

I think purple and cool go together if its the right amount of each :)

The IRD freewheel was from sjs cycles. It was pretty expensive but it had the best reviews and the bike won't be ridden hard so hopefully it'll be ok

Looking awesome mate!

Sum choice period parts there G, subtle and sexy and just enough to compliment the O/E decals.

Where do you find these tyres from you bugger...!

Looking good, and looking forward to the finale, and your thoughts on how it rides.

:cool:

sinnerman":1n6qk1av said:
I asked that same question.

Apparently they are hand carved especially for him, by a retired Continental worker living in a cave in the mountains close to Bavaria.

sinnerman":366pr2xd said:
Sum choice period parts there G, subtle and sexy and just enough to compliment the O/E decals.

Looking good, and looking forward to the finale, and your thoughts on how it rides.

:cool:

Thanks Carl,

I was just trying to add some tiny details on top of already high spec parts so I hope they work.

The tyres were from my favourite - eBay Germany. Find all manor of nice things there but they can be expensive :?

Hopefully it won't take me as long to do the rest of it :oops:

Back