RetroRoadRide Series - Rd 3: Warwickshire ~ 08/06/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
any123":28lbknbz said:
I missed last years warwickshire round and was gutted so defo coming to this one, be careful with me now i have not rode me road bike for years.

thanks andy

It will be good to have you along Andy

HarryCrumb":28lbknbz said:
can't make this one, shame as last year was enjoyable, and the beer was great.

Sorry to hear that Martin, catch up later in the series?

Reccy ride with Matt completed today. The route is a sunny, leafy, dappled, slightly rolling, exposed in places 63 miles. There are opportunities early on to shorten the route if required. Also take note, some of the lanes are a little worn in places, so best leave the tubs at home...just ask Matt for clarity on this.

grumpycommuter":3pjdspe4 said:
any123":3pjdspe4 said:
I missed last years warwickshire round and was gutted so defo coming to this one, be careful with me now i have not rode me road bike for years.

thanks andy

It will be good to have you along Andy

HarryCrumb":3pjdspe4 said:
can't make this one, shame as last year was enjoyable, and the beer was great.

Sorry to hear that Martin, catch up later in the series?

Reccy ride with Matt completed today. The route is a sunny, leafy, dappled, slightly rolling, exposed in places 63 miles. There are opportunities early on to shorten the route if required. Also take note, some of the lanes are a little worn in places, so best leave the tubs at home...just ask Matt for clarity on this.

tubs where all good karl,but the lanes are crap in places, and i racked up 76 miles in total,but it was a great ride

Two queries:

1) Is there an independently verified distance that we are riding?

2) Is there a confirmed list of attendees?

ededwards":1ro7r640 said:
Two queries:

1) Is there an independently verified distance that we are riding?

2) Is there a confirmed list of attendees?

Matt clocked it at 63 miles yesterday on his Cateye. I had done it prior to this in halves with a cycle-computer and they were 30 and 31 ish miles. We were out cycling for 4 hours 10 mins which feels right for the speed we were doing and the distance travelled. Would you prefer this in kilometres? It is 20,160 rods if you are interested.

Confirmed list as far as i can tell....

grumpycommuter
daj
ededwards
matthew71
any123
bobbinogs
drystonepaul
markyp? and good lady?

Sounds great Karl, just trying to get a feel for how long we'll be out because a) crucial to necessary clearance on the day; b) got tennis next day. Can't see either being an issue.

Trying to make this one, as it's nearer to me than any other national ride.

As Ed asked, what sort of distance is planned - I'm not sure I'll last 60miles on my "beyond" retro ride ('62 Freddie Grubb), so may bring my modern "retro" - it's steel, even if it is under five years old... :roll:

TedC":1ujku8f7 said:
Trying to make this one, as it's nearer to me than any other national ride.

As Ed asked, what sort of distance is planned - I'm not sure I'll last 60miles on my "beyond" retro ride ('62 Freddie Grubb), so may bring my modern "retro" - it's steel, even if it is under five years old... :roll:

As in the original post, there are two routes to choose from. A longer one at a confirmed 63 miles and a shorter one at an accurately measured (tonight after work) 34 miles. We will all set off together and then split after a mile. The shorter one will be led by my colleague Stewart. All have similar terrain and we will be stopping at the same pub. Not wanting to curse this but the forecast is looking ok :roll:

ededwards":3qqbw0sa said:
Sounds great Karl, just trying to get a feel for how long we'll be out because a) crucial to necessary clearance on the day; b) got tennis next day. Can't see either being an issue.

karl has included a tennis club on route halfway around, i spotted this yesterday and thought of you ed. it,s not queens but should be ok for you

ededwards":1xio6q5r said:

There will a 'local lad' with us as well who also knows the route, so if it all goes cactus then i can lead you back! I dont think it will come to that with Bobbinogs attending, i thought he was going to turn into a pumpkin at the Peaks Ride as we were out so long :)

I had forgotten about the Tennis Club.... indeed you were the subject for discussion for a while Ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back