80's groupsets

So you think you're a QC!

lewisfoto":34uki6px said:
Exhibit two:

Record Corsa, C-Record, was introduced in Catalog 18 bis published 4/85

18 bis is NOT strictly speaking a catalogue it is an addendum to the catalogue in which Record Corsa group was first announced in 1984.

An anomaly is that the f & r derailleurs are refererred to as C Record..

I cannot, apart from the anomaly mentioned, find a single reference to the Record Corsa group being called C Record in any factory catalogue (for the European market) of the"classic era".

I appreciate your attempt at clarification but it appears it is in the spirit of"oneupmanship"and not clarity: your comment apropos the addendum (refer my first sentence this post: I suggest you look up what"bis"means in Italian) only supports my comment about the launch date of the group in question.

Which is what my original comment in this thread was all about; that is that Record Corsa was launched in 1984 - not earlier.

Roadking.

bis: more...your exhibit three and the SR comment, it would be the importer actively selling SR not Campagnolo!

Phew, amost there.

Are we agreed that Record Corsa/ C-Record was introduced in the 18 Bis Catalogue?

If so, what was the earliest that the 18 Bis catalogue was issued: looks like 1985 from the archive links posted so far.

Anything out there from 1984?

doctor-bond":1n8zsk1s said:
Phew, amost there.

Are we agreed that Record Corsa/ C-Record was introduced in the 18 Bis Catalogue?

If so, what was the earliest that the 18 Bis catalogue was issued: looks like 1985 from the archive links posted so far.

Anything out there from 1984?

Agree with your sentiment...phew. But, and my patience is being tested (so my last post on this subject): the 18 Bis document is not strictly speaking a catalogue it is an addendum (or addition if you prefer) to the 1984 catalogue in which the Record Corsa groupset is first announced.

Ergo, the 18 bis addendum is an addendum to the 1984 catalogue.

Roadking (perhaps I'll change it to Galileo).

Bis = more: I left a clue in a previous post.

P.S I've tried to upload my 1984 catalogue, but it won't have it, it is the earliest catalogue in which Record Corsa is featured.

roadking":2ktijeho said:
P.S I've tried to upload my 1984 catalogue, but it won't have it, it is the earliest catalogue in which Record Corsa is featured.

That's the missing detail we need: the killer solar observation if you will - the fact that will put all the Aristotlean doubters to shame. If it's hard to upload, how about an old school page reference and printing date?

I would be very interested in seeing the Catalog 18 that includes the Record Corsa group because the one in the catalog scans section of this very site makes no mention.

BTW I am fully aware that the 18 bis is an addition to the catalog 18 and according to other sources the REASON was to announce C-Record.

lewisfoto":vikzg2ff said:
I would be very interested in seeing the Catalog 18 that includes the Record Corsa group because the one in the catalog scans section of this very site makes no mention.

Just to show I can be a team player I found a copy of the 1984 catalog with the Record Corsa group.

Attachments

• Record 1.jpg
    Record 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 338
  • Record 2.jpg
    Record 2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 338
hmmm, in the nicest way possible... YOU'RE TALKING NONSENSE!! :roll:

how come the pro's didn't appear with it until the 1986 season if it came out in 1984?

answer that one, clever chap!!

;)

lewisfoto":3aqt39mq said:
lewisfoto":3aqt39mq said:
Just to show I can be a team player I found a copy of the 1984 catalog with the Record Corsa group.

Get in! Well done Roadking and Lewis.

I'll be able to sleep easily now.

Presumably the pro teams waited to see if it was any good before using it in anger? Otherwise we'd have to beleive that Campagnolo brought it out in 1986 and then printed a bunch of catalogues showing it as a 1984 introduction. Orwellian indeed.

I think we can all agree the C-Record group is beautifully machined, polished, designed & work so smoothly :)

Back