Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
As title.

Taken off a 2005/2006 Cove Hustler.
180mm eye to eye.
45mm stroke.

As you can see from the photos, it's in absolutely outstanding condition with barely a mark on it. In fact the only mark I could see was one to the decal, which I've pictured.

It all works as it should and holds air perfectly. However, I would suggest that it needs a service as I don't know when it was last done, and the shock sounds "squishy" which would suggest to me that a bit of air has got into the damping somehow, and it needs a bit of a makeover ;)

Like I said though, it still works perfectly as it is.

Please note that the bottom set of shock bushes will not be included - I just haven't got around to removing them :oops:

Just £55 posted to anywhere in the UK - or £60 posted anywhere in Europe.
I will also post Worldwide at cost.
Payment via Paypal Gift (or buyer pays fees).

SOLD :D

Attachments

• Shock1.jpg
    Shock1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 431
  • Shock2.jpg
    Shock2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 431
More photos, because I can't seem to upload more than 2 at a time :evil:

Attachments

• Shock3.jpg
    Shock3.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 430
  • Shock4.jpg
    Shock4.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 430
I have more pictures, but I'm losing the will to live trying to upload them to the thread, and I can't access Photobucket in work to do it that way.

Just let me know if you want to see any more and I'll pm some over.

Hi there,

Are you sure of eye to eye and stroke. If a Hustler, then it should be a 190mm x50mm, in which case, I would be interested. Can you tell me if the rebound bit works properly though? My RP3 has just popped and only has rebound on the last 2 clicks. I presume the nitrogen has disappeared! Does the propedal feature all work too?
Cheers,

Simon

simesman":rmon0krz said:
Hi there,

Are you sure of eye to eye and stroke. If a Hustler, then it should be a 190mm x50mm, in which case, I would be interested. Can you tell me if the rebound bit works properly though? My RP3 has just popped and only has rebound on the last 2 clicks. I presume the nitrogen has disappeared! Does the propedal feature all work too?
Cheers,

Simon

Hi Simon,
I measured it last night and got 180mm eye to eye and just over a 45mm stroke. Bear in mind that it came off a 1st generation Hustler, so could have been a slightly shorter shock?

The rebound all worked when it was ridden last although I have to confess that I only adjusted the pro pedal once when I first built the bike, just to check it - I haven't bothered with it since and it's remained in the middle position.

I'd be happy to send it to you for you to try out if you like - if you're satisfied with it, then you can pay me for it. If not, then you can just pop it back to me.

:)

I've just found this little snippet from MTBR (unfortunately I can't open the website to get the rest of it because my work computer won't let me!). This goes some way to supporting my theory that the shock had a shorter stroke on the early Hustlers:

"The original Hustler had 4.6in of travel but Cove tweaked the orientation of the rocker plates, increased the shock stroke and upped the chainstay length by 1/8in ...
"

That's a very kind offer Mr Ballbags, but I think you're right. A little research tells me that Cove did indeed fit a 185mm shock on the 2005 Hustlers. I never knew that, I thought it was just different linkage plates. Thanks anyway and good luck with the sale!

Simon

Back