If you were?

Chopper1192":nep92n0o said:
Neil":nep92n0o said:
highlandsflyer":nep92n0o said:
I don't reckon anyone is being rude, merely incredulous. :)

Completely on the money - not rude, just completely flabbergasted.
I'm sorry Neil, but I disagree. You were being rude to a degree only permitted by the safety and anonymity of the internet.

Well opinions vary.

In context, you're plenty blunt and "rude" to people with your opinions, when it suits, so as I said, enough with playing the victim. If your truly trying to play the keyboard warrior cliché, the looking glass, and some of your own, forthright posts would be a good place to start.

Ah, the old chestnut. The old "let's which divert attention by making a non-specifc counter allegation of the same".

You were rude as hell, and it obvious you don't have the cojones to speak to people like that in the real world because someone would've poked you long ago.

Chopper1192":36kqax2o said:
Ah, the old chestnut. The old "let's which divert attention by making a non-specifc counter allegation of the same".

You were rude as hell, and it obvious you don't have the cojones to speak to people like that in the real world because someone would've poked you long ago.

Let's be clear, here - you can be just as blunt, when you choose, and if you're honest, you'll recognise that.

Secondly, if you feel I'd say anything differently in real life, then you don't know me well enough.

Thirdly, you need to grow a thicker skin, or drop the attitude of being questioned and challenged. Expressing incredulity and suggesting naivety is a mile away from "Yo mamma so fat". And if you think that somebody expressing such incredulity and suggesting naivety is grounds for a response of either verbal or physical initimidation, in real life, then the problem seems to be that you can't deal with a differing opinion, and you should consider your attitude to such challenge in the context of being a police officer.

The last thing I thought this thread would do was cause a storm :oops:

Anyway I shall start again small and steady and hope to start with nipping to the village and back and then to town and back, then onto off roading again :)

I have lost very nearly 2 stones in the last 7 months, just by being more sensible as to what I consume, but eventually that is just not going to be enough and I'll seriously need to up my output as well as reduce my input.

I was exceptionally fit once and if I could do it once I can do it again :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":3m50nbxt said:
The last thing I thought this thread would do was cause a storm :oops:

Anyway I shall start again small and steady and hope to start with nipping to the village and back and then to town and back, then onto off roading again :)

I have lost very nearly 2 stones in the last 7 months, just by being more sensible as to what I consume, but eventually that is just not going to be enough and I'll seriously need to up my output as well as reduce my input.

I was exceptionally fit once and if I could do it once I can do it again :D

Alison
That's the spirit - there's nothing new under the sun here - you've already lost weight, and are being active. The things to bear in mind if you still need to see progress being the more conditioned you become, the less demanding / expending your activity tends to become, and also, as you lose weight, your calorific needs decrease, as might your metabolic rate with sustained weight loss.

Your body will fight sustained weight loss, however the system is asymmetric, there's nothing like that resistance to change for putting on weight.

Chopper1192":17efptli said:
Neil":17efptli said:
WSM not rife? Are you for real?.

Are you ways that rude? Are you capable of taking part in a discussion without being rude to people? It's easy being a tough nut from behind a keyboard, but I bet you'd suffer sudden sphincter prolapse at the thought of being so rude to someone's face.

You really think this is a measured response to what is a very common expression, and not particularly sarcastic, never mind rude? Do you run around clocking people who use expressions like, "Are you for real?"

Are you for real?

Back