Reversing pederson brakes

bennz

Dirt Disciple
I just bought 2 sets of pederson SE brakes off ebay but they are both set up as front brakes (ie with helix's pulling brakes in forward) I need to swap one set over to go on the rear.

Anyone know about this? Anyone got a pederson manual or a scan thereof?

I am not sure you can . was there some spares in the box ?

That is how mine came , with a set of spares parts so that you could swat them round .

If you have the spars , just replace the Helix bit .

didn't come with spares but the important question was how did you get the helix'z out of the brakes. The inner part is easy 0 just unscrew the bolt and it comes out with the spring. But the outer helix looks like it needs to be popped apart?????

I sold them a while ago . they had instructions but gone with the brakes .

the ones I had were original Pedersen , not the suntour or scott version .

yep mine are the original pedersen's as well

hmmmm - wonder where i can get some instructions from

As i said , you need some spares helix .

if it is of any help I bought mine on ebay germany , and they were really cheap . so might be worth having a look and buying a pair just for the spares . The seller was a shop , I ll have a look if i still have his details as he left a business card in the parcel .

cchris2lou":1ih74muh said:
As i said , you need some spares helix .

if it is of any help I bought mine on ebay germany , and they were really cheap . so might be worth having a look and buying a pair just for the spares . The seller was a shop , I ll have a look if i still have his details as he left a business card in the parcel .

but what i mean is that

a left side front helix is the same as a right side rear one - so i just need to get both parts of the helix out of the arm. do you know if they are glues in and if so whether it will work heating it up to debond the glue?

Back