It's not really retro but still..........

You scared me a little with the toyo story.......but i guess they deliver good quality? How can i be certain?

plexus":1bfihlg9 said:
You scared me a little with the toyo story.......but i guess they deliver good quality? How can i be certain?

No worries, either way it is okay :D
Is there a decal on the seattube just above the bottom bracket, and does it say: made by Tom Ritchey or design by Tom Ritchey?

GOD DAMN that's a fine looking bike! Don't worry about Toyo. In real terms it's like finding out your Porsche factory has closed down and they secretly out-sorced the continuing work to Rolls Royce!

MarinTi":27zauz6j said:
No worries, either way it is okay :D
Is there a decal on the seattube just above the bottom bracket, and does it say: made by Tom Ritchey or design by Tom Ritchey?

pbpic1011303.jpg

Agency_Scum":27zauz6j said:
GOD DAMN that's a fine looking bike! Don't worry about Toyo. In real terms it's like finding out your Porsche factory has closed down and they secretly out-sorced the continuing work to Rolls Royce!

That's a relief :p

For detail shots : http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list&function=myphotos&photouserid=94109

plexus":kaj74gpv said:

By seeing it when you view the neat welds and great detailling ...and by experiencing it when you get the smile on your face when riding it ;)

Japanese are very into detailling. With great frames a lot is about detailling. I think it is also in Japanese nature they can be very serious and committed in what they are doing.

eBay BikeTech :

Fillet brazed, Toyo made. Sweet, isn't it?

Like I said on the dutch forum. I really like that bike.
This is indeed a classic. I would like to see that one in real.

the japanese always strive for perfection in everything they do

it is practically an obsession with them

while training in the martial arts , i asked the instructor what the reason for the white bands were for on the black belt , which you recieve for passing the next level , the same as a different colour belt

the reply was .... when you pass your black , it takes another 2 years for the first band then another 2 , and so on

the highest you reach is 10

so by the time you get to 10th dan , would be about 20 years

and in this time your belt would practically be returned to white

the colour of the beginner , and the reason for this was .............

to remind you that in the 20 years since passing your black ,

there MUST be something that you have forgotten

making you start your training , ALL OVER AGAIN

PERFECTION !!!!

:cool: or what

Arse :evil:
My P20 is designed by Tom :(
Unlike the Plexus which is Ritchey WCS tubing, mine is Dedacci(spelling??)

However i still love it and it doesn't change a thing :LOL:
I'll ride it til one of us dies :LOL:

So i can take the conclusion that my plexus is a real Tom made frame? :cool:
Or did he allso send the "i made it myself" decals to toyo.... :roll:

Latest posts

Back