BEWARE Klein Idiot on Gumtree selling a broken bike

If this was local to me I would be off round to look at it. You can be sure the seller would try to meet in a Tesco car park or something.

:facepalm: Seems a little strange that the seller would sell a broken bike on his eBay account when by all accounts looks to have a good history and buyer protection and collection was available on it. Surely if buying a thorough inspection would have occurred and the damage would have came to light quickly if it had or hadn't been repaired.
Obviously it should be stated in his listing that it had damage or been repaired but he won't be the first or last that misrepresents or neglects to tell the facts on items they have for sale! if it had been something other than a klein not sure anybody would be interested very greedy of the seller though as I'm sure he could have double his money stating it was damaged if he was posting it and it would probably end up in a garage being stared at rather than ridden anyway:facepalm:

I suspect he's hoping buyer will complain. He can then claim shippers broke it and claim off the postal insurance.

This was the second message I got from him:

do you think anybody would be as stupid and blind to buy a bike with a crack in it ???
it has been fully repaired, listed on ebay for 99p with no reserve and for my total outlay it is very doubtfull if i would get my money back anyway.
regards.

He seems slightly confused as he's implying it was fixed before he put up the auction.

I replied that they wouldn't have to be stupid or blind as he had failed to photograph the crack or mention it anywhere in the listing.
I guess he'll keep on trying to flog it on Gumtree, an probably relist it on eBay in a few weeks hoping people have forgotten.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back