Campagnolo brake / gear cables for Gran Sport Group

RobWJL

Old School Hero
Can anyone advise about the best option? I am considering these:

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/campagno ... .html#info

It says suitable for all campagnolo products but not sure if this extends to vintage components.

Are there cheaper third party manufacturers that are worth considering?

I am also trying to get hold of the coiled, stainless steel, rear derailleur cable housing...is there a correct term for this item and has anyone seen it for sale at a reasonable cost?

Thanks in advance

Those cable kits are for modern versions - you probably want a more traditional cable kit, the gear cables don't need any outers if your employing downtube shifters.

Type in 'campagnolo cable outer' into ebay - there's about 4 on there at the moment of the type your after - not exactly cheap but as new old stock you have to pay the premium.

Hope this helps.

Hi again Rob, good to hear the project is going well and my GS groupset has found a good home. I've used standard Ergopower cables (not ultrashift) for my 70s/80s builds before but have found the 'campagnolo' script clashes with the classic lines. I'd look for non-campagnolo cables like Clarkes ro something.

Thanks - small world!

I suppose its just making sure that the ferrules interface nicely /fit.
Thanks for tip re script.

Any ideas for the exposed steel rear gear housing cable just before the derailieur?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I paid 51p more than that a few week back for a NOS one - you may be surprised by how little some of these go for although it is still nearly £10 for a bit of wound steel. And I didn't get any nice logo'd packaging.

Back