manitou forks

brian sewell

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
hi

i have some manitou forks i want to sell.
can any one tell me which model they are and a rough price?
the forks seem in really good condition, they need a good clean but look pretty good.
the elastometers need replacing.
steerer length 165mm from a 19" frame.

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

simon

more pics here....
http://si-phi.com/cycles/kona/kona_steel.html

Attachments

• manitou_1610.jpg
    manitou_1610.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 393
Hi Simon......I have two pairs, one of which I have refurbed over the past couple of weeks......yes, they were the first production manitou fork, available circa 1991/1992 time.......you can get the parts to refurb yours without too much hassle, and value wise about £30 for the fork in a spares repairs state.......fully refurbed and working possibly £70 to £80......as with all second hand bike bits, depends on finding the right person at the right time.......

I think they are a real classy old school component......very masculine in design.....somewhat under represented here......the stanchion caps, steerer tubes (especially in one inch guise) and nylon bushes are like gold dust if you need them.......they are very reliable with simple, serviceable innards......I bought my second pair seized and in poor condition, intending to have them for spares for the working fork on my donkis nob, but I couldn't bare to see them sitting idle so I have refurbed them for my clockwork......a bit of tlc and they have come up great, the materials in the fork lend themselves well to a rub down and a buff up with autosol!..... :D

Back