Proflex 856 Mayhem build

20. work buddy did the change in about 10 mins and said if I get some 30 he will do them both next week

i know it my sound strange ,but what weight are you ,they do say that when new the two shocks came with 30wt oil to start with ,good luck :D

royboy2cv":19v4eola said:
i know it my sound strange ,but what weight are you ,they do say that when new the two shocks came with 30wt oil to start with ,good luck :D

I am 12stone 11 now :D

Houston ... We have a problem

Took back over the forest today and came away with a pretty clunky sounding proflex, yet to investigate but will soon enough

I miss my old 856, and my 955 :(
If you really want to stop, and keeping in mind the potential Mayhem mud, give Magura's a go :D
Bit of a fiddle to fit on the back, but so much better than V's :cool:
Looking nice by the way ;) will look better with green Wildslippers :LOL:

might need the thicker oil , 30wt ,try some model shop for the shock oil only £5 for 60ml
,you only about 30ml, weather looks good for the Mayhem , :cool:

Ok panic over , My fault when installing the rear shock I had not tighten up enough :oops:

So how does the front shock come off ? I have taken the bolt out the top shock and seem to be dismantling the fork yet still unable to get it off!! :shock:

you only do that once :facepalm: ok turn the bike upside down ,front wheel out ,undo the top shock bolt ,the lower part of the shock has a tube going through it ,undo the two pinch bolts either side in the black pivot plates and gently drift out the tube making sore you do not hit the fork leg ,you should then be able to pull the shock out :D good luck if you need pics let me know :mrgreen:

The Girvin Vector truly has to be the most frustrating fork ever to work on :facepalm: :twisted:

I will be honestly amazed if the Proflex makes the start line and REALLY amazed if makes the finish!?!?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back