Charge Splashback 1.8" tyres quick review

just came across this thread.
DSC00472.jpg
have a pair on my lovely new charge duster mid bike (well 1st july new ;) absolutely loving them (have yet to test them in gloopy mud/wet conditions though)[/img]

With the recent eBay prices I'd thought I'd bump this and also see if anyone can add some real world figures to the 2.1" tyres.

Weight and width?

FluffyChicken":kakxxpxd said:
With the recent eBay prices I'd thought I'd bump this and also see if anyone can add some real world figures to the 2.1" tyres.

Weight and width?

sure!

weight: 592 gram average (2 tires)

width: 50/55 mm casing/thread (at 2 bar)

and I love them by the way. I run them with latex tubes at about 2 bar (I weigh 73 kg)

I bought some 1.8's and a 2.1 earlier this week. There's a massive difference between the two. Obviously the 2.1 is wider (more than 0.3" in my eyes). The 2.1" is a lot taller too, looks to be approx 0.5" taller. Not had chance to try them yet, but they do look to be promising in dry hardpack conditions.

I also picked up a pair (1.8 for the front, 2.1 for the rear) at my LBS for £24.50...

I put them on my FSR today and I'll hopefully try them out tomorrow.

Didn't think to take any measurements or weigh them but they're considerably lighter than the ones I took off (steel beaded things I borrowed off my brother's BSO to get me rolling)

I've just put some on my kona, they were quite a snug fit which got me wondering if anyone has attempted tubeless with these???

they were an absolute pig to get onto my stans tubeless rims. (I still run them with tubes.

I rode my rigid Cindercone with a 1.8" on the front and 2.1" rear on Thursday offroad. Trails were dry and dusty in places and the tyres were great, absolutely flying! However, wet rocks were hard work and they clogged badly in gloopy mud. Having to ditch the 2.1" on the rear as when they clogged up I was struggling for clearance against the seat stays and chain stays. Nice looking tyres that suit my old Cindercone, however don't think I'd use them on my XTC or FSR.

gavinda":10rp0vq7 said:
I've just put some on my kona, they were quite a snug fit which got me wondering if anyone has attempted tubeless with these???

Charge answered this question for me. According to them it's not possible at the moment. Leaking were the gumwall goea blackwall seems to be the problem

Back