AMP/RS Disk Brake

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I'm keeping an eye on this disk brake on Ebay US, but was wondering what hub I'd need to mount the rotor?

Anyone here have a similar setup? Also, if anyone here is already keen on this, let me know as I wouldn't wanna bid against a fellow RBer ;)

0b_1_sbl.JPG

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That's a rockshox disc from 97/98 They made 2 versions one for the JUDY using normal 100mm axle and one for BOXXER using 20mm through axle Both used a White Industries specific hub to carry the rotor.

There were lots of three hole WI hubs on the bay a while back. Would be worth a looksee as seemed like a job lot sale.

If you can't get a hub, Hope would be able to make one with 6 bolt fitting

RS / AMP Disc

There was a review of this in a grouptest of discs from the mid 90s in a feature in BIKE mag (US). No to hand but will dig it out and have a look.
The hubs looked nice, with large flanges with cutouts in them (kinda Phil Woodsy)

Like most retro stuff ;) I hear they they were pretty shonky bit's of kit...a mix of cable acctuated hydraulic disck brake.

The spacing might be designed to fit on the AMP B3 model (& onwards) swing arm disc mount.

Try AMP for spares

Oh on a more positive note...when I was thinking about overhauling my AMP FS bike...AMP still have all the spares , I wouldn't be suprised if they can sort you out with a hub -they no longer make bikes but still have piles of spares-

The AMP hub is 3 bolt fixing but has a different P.C.D. from the rockshox rotor so it won't fit. AMP use a smaller dia rotor/disc than rockshox on the front and the fixing P.C.D. is smaller. I only know because I run AMP disc's on my AMP B4 ;)

Back