What Retro stuff have you been doing today ?

daj":2zim5gpv said:
matthew71":2zim5gpv said:
94 miles on the masi this weekend, with no HONC mud and wind.road riding is really the way foward :D

not far behind you matty rode with the club fast group today too , 40 miles at 18.1 mph average over the hilly Cotswolds. No mud my bike felt like a rocket!! :LOL: :LOL:

What were you on?

A whole 6.5 miles of torture yesterday at the Shread & Tread event at Cannock Chase.

Came last.

Commentator did mention '...on a rigid retro bike. V brakes? Do you remember them!'

The History Man":3m8pmnyl said:
daj":3m8pmnyl said:
matthew71":3m8pmnyl said:
94 miles on the masi this weekend, with no HONC mud and wind.road riding is really the way foward :D

not far behind you matty rode with the club fast group today too , 40 miles at 18.1 mph average over the hilly Cotswolds. No mud my bike felt like a rocket!! :LOL: :LOL:

What were you on?

averaged 17.3 mph over the two rides .but i was by myself,and did not push myself that hard really on a 20 year old steel bike dave :D

rode the arrow challenge 70 mile sportif yesterday, it started in leominster and went out into the wild,s of wales including some proper climbs on the way.one of note was the alpine style switchbacks climb up clee hill,note for the faint hearted. excellent cakes and well signed route.i am going to be heading to there event in usk later in the year if anyone want,s to tag along

Had a fantastic ride over Hereford with Ed trying out the Grimpeurs Special route for Round 4 of the national road series , Epic route going to be a stunning day :cool:

Wow, you had a good day for it.

Today I took some photo's of my new road project, which is a mystery frame from the late 1970's.

Shortly to be respayed Flamboyant Lime.

DSC_0548_zps93c2fc68.jpg

In a minute I am off out for another night ride on the Roberts, in preparation for Mayhem, and also because I like night riding.

Back