1 1/8th introduced

Great replies,thanks,and Fluffy Chicken I'd really appreciate it if you would measure and I'll try and find more out about MAX tubing.
I'm going to post some photos later when i get back in from work,compared to the Marin ( thanks again Marc two tone) it has quite a bit bigger diameter tubes,its the oval ends thats got me though,I've never seen all tubes oval,my Campus has an oval seat tube near the bottom bracket but its the only one.

Heres some photo's I took yesterday,the top tube looks a lot wider than the seat tube when viewed from above,weird.

Attachments

• Compressed bb2.jpg
    Compressed bb2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 463
  • Compressed bb3.jpg
    Compressed bb3.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 463
  • Compressed bottom bracket.jpg
    Compressed bottom bracket.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 463
  • compressed top tube.jpg
    compressed top tube.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 463
  • Compressed head tube.jpg
    Compressed head tube.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 463
  • Compressed seatpost clamp.jpg
    Compressed seatpost clamp.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 463
  • Compressed tt2.jpg
    Compressed tt2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 463
Look like MAX to my untrained eye

1987 it was introduced and people tended to use lugging at first as setting it up for welding was not as easy as other tubings (why and whatnot I don't know, this is hearsay).
It was expensive!
31.7mm top 35mm down.

any more info on the brand ?

Nice frame, if it's large enough for you (given the headtube it probably is :LOL:) I think you just might like it.

That's a nice frame, I quite like the blue/white paint, and along with the "Landers" stamp on the seat stay has a kind of "Buck Rogers"/ "Space 1999" vibe going on... :D

Thanks people
The more i look and measure the more I'm convinced it is indeed MAX, started stripping the frame today and the tubes look quality and the welding is neat,all brazing is smooth and as i removed the paint it was evident the frame was undercoated, sprayed and then finished with a metallic lacquer to give the final finish.
Overall im very pleased with the purchase
Now to find some matching forks,do i go threaded or Ahead?

:)

92 Edinburgh bikes cat has a number of products listed as
Standard. 1"
Avenger. 1 1/8"
Evolution 1 1/4"

Continuing from the last post.

Rocky Mountain had moved all bikes to 1 1/8" in 1990 models (so 1989 or before).

1989 was the year evolution 1 1/4" was introduced (mombat) originally for a Ti fork.

Shimano first introduced 1 1/8 an 1 1/4 headsets in the 1990 models.

boxxer":39k4bwnp said:
92 Edinburgh bikes cat has a number of products listed as
Standard. 1"
Avenger. 1 1/8"
Evolution 1 1/4"

They are Tioga's names . Avenger OverSize for 1 1/8" components (headset, stem, fork)
Interestingly, though Tioga had removed Evolution 1 1/4" components from their 1992 catalogue.

Back