longuns mk1 fiesta xr2

it lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! test run number 1 done today and very happy. needs timing sorting and catch tank/breather set up sorting but i drove ace!

was speaking to a bufty friend the other day and i mentioned i was not happy with the paint finish. its a track car way over a show car but he said you've gotta machine polisher....use it. but wet sand the roof (main bit i aint happy with) then compound and polish it.

well i did a section, then the roof. pics do not do it any justice but it looked like it was painted with a tar brush before, no shine etc at all....

20130404_212303.jpg

after one pass
20130404_212908.jpg

and another
20130404_213454.jpg

and another then a polish
20130404_220423.jpg

its not perfect but lots better and its the first time im ever wet sanded and used a rotary polisher

rest of cars gonna take ages, but doubt ill be sanding it lol

cheers dude

its got a misfire at 3krpm, but only when hard accelerating..........played with timing etc, no change so gonna swap for a larger vacuum pipe and play with the carb, see what happens. really wanna book a track session but till its almost running sweet dont wanna commit...again lol

my 2 year old daughter keeps asking to go for a drive, think i need to source a passenger seat belt, kids seats and 4 point harnesses dont work well lol

Lol want to but too much work to do at home and im kinda done with shows been doing them for well over a decade and got bored lol

it lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!bar setting the timing with a little more advance and a clean. if funds allow booking track day on the 31st....at ******* long last lol

JB- Thats impressive but it must be practically undriveable?

Longun- Where will you do your Trackday? Weather is looking good next weekend :D

blyton park, its literally a 5 minute drive from my house, not silverstone but still a great track with plenty of run off lol, will have some pics and video after i hope, just gotta tidy a few things up, get an extinguisher and check front calipers this weekend

well looking forward to it!!!! except the cost and fuel lol

Latest posts

Back