1993 marin eldridge grade

Haha, good work. Now worries though, spotting it sparked me off again so I'm in the process of building the GT I stripped last tar back up as a result.

I have tried and tried to like it but its not for me :? I just can not get one with it. I can not put my finger on it exactly but its a combination of a bit to small and a bit to long....... :( I really wanted to like this as well.

Moving it on then, any one interested in the frame set?

It's a pity you can't get on with it bud.. If you tweak it a bit it can alter the feel dramatically. For example in the last picture that you've posted it looks to my eyes that the sweep of the bars is pointing slightly down, if you were to rotate them so the sweep points to your shoulders whilst seated it'll feel like a different bike.

Rich

It might not be original spec but wha about a shorter stem? Knocking that 135 down to more like 100 (if you can find one) would make a difference. Assuming the seat height is right there's no way it's too small for you so altering the length to the bars but 1" plus would make a big difference.

My EG, just restored, but with XT instead of DX. You are right about the riding position, its very long and has a 'race' feel about it, something you either love or hate. I am very long in the body and find it a perfect fit.

Attachments

• 2013-05-27_19-09-01_165-1.jpg
    2013-05-27_19-09-01_165-1.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 180

Latest posts

Back