Vintage Seiko Divers Watch

Nice to see I'm not the only one.

I have way too many Seikos, old and new. Here are two of my favourites, a Seiko 4520 GS from the 60s and a SBDX011 Emperor Tuna for the days when I need to tell the time 1000m under water.

EDIT: Found another pic of one of my old seikos, it's the worlds first titanium cased watch as well as the world's first LCD watch.

Attachments

• GSii.jpg
    GSii.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,737
  • MMii.jpg
    MMii.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,737
  • seikos.jpg
    seikos.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,737
i had a similar one that went to 1500 meters ..it was a naviter depthmaster and i wish i hadnt ever sold it.ps would you swap for an ozone estay in anodised blue?

gibbleking":120x0i8k said:
would you swap for an ozone estay in anodised blue?

:LOL: No thanks Gibble, these are keepers, the Tuna is mine from new and the other two have been in the family from new. I've got a few mechanical Seikos for sale at the moment, no divers though.

Love the Tuna!

Been wanting one of these for ages, never been able to part with the cash thou :oops: :shock:

Looks like a nice example.

I have a really nice 6309 - except for a small amount of "wabi" on the second hand it looks like new - it even has the original strap. But I never wear it because I prefer its descendent the SKX007 - originally on a wave vent Z22, more recently on a straight vent B22 - which is probably the best strap to put a 6309 on: it's really close to the original, very comfortable, and has a metal keeper for extra retro-power. The B22 looks like this:

927108d1357523928-fs-seiko-skx007-w-super-oyster-reduced-dscf4251-600-x-400-.jpg

dan smith":3hzdvujl said:
Love the Tuna!

Been wanting one of these for ages, never been able to part with the cash thou :oops: :shock:

Looks like a nice example.

They used to be a lot more reasonable, but Seiko realized they could put the price waaaay up.

Oh well - the markup still isn't as high as on a Rolex.

Nice watches! I have a passing interest, but my daily wear is just a cheap Vostok. I wanted something I could wear mountain biking and in various workshops without it being a big deal if I drop it and it stops working (as happened in the supermarket last month) or if it gets majorly scratched.

Joe of Loath":2bdlvkyr said:
Nice watches! I have a passing interest, but my daily wear is just a cheap Vostok.

If it is one of the original divers, it's one of the best watch designs in history: it use water pressure to make the seal tighter as you dive. Google it, you'll be impressed! My ideal mechanical diver would be the Vostok case design with the Seiko mechanism, build quality and lume.

I don't even have one of the posh Amphibias, I have the cheaper Komandirskie. According to the manual I shouldn't even be wearing it when I wash my hands or do the washing up...

Just had a new movement put in though, the old one (which I dropped and killed) sped up and slowed down throughout the day, but this one is solid as hell and just needs regulating.

Joe of Loath":260saxth said:
I don't even have one of the posh Amphibias, I have the cheaper Komandirskie. According to the manual I shouldn't even be wearing it when I wash my hands or do the washing up...

Just had a new movement put in though, the old one (which I dropped and killed) sped up and slowed down throughout the day, but this one is solid as hell and just needs regulating.

Is that the one with the plane and parachute picture on the dial?
I was given one of those ruski watches and it stopped working after a
few days, still got it, must have been sitting here for 30 years. I just had a look at it, looks like the hairspring thingie might be twisted?
I have a 6309-7020[?] had it serviced in October, not worn it once since.
I suppose I should flog it, it was worn everyday in my garage so it doesn't look all purty.

Back