During a moment of clarity: 'Faff'

I had a suspension fork faff until today.. Had done with it and slapped a set of polished p-bones that were lurking in the cellar on there instead.

Basically the cost of fixing my Marzocchi B's is about the same as a another set. I can't afford either solution atm. Was a major pause in a build that is now back on track.. Just a bit more rigid than I planned - Ow! my arms.. Etc :D but simple, light, strong and good looking.

Faff over

Zero Faff. Built from chassis. Sadly now sold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 101
hamster":1knp6042 said:
Faff: the fact that my TV and AV amp suddenly stop talking to each other by HDMI and don't seem to be resettable.
The future is analogue.

Have the same thing, panansonic TV to panasonic surround, I'm 99% it's the surround at fault, tempted with a mush samller sound bar instead.

gtRTSdh":25tarq01 said:
hamster":25tarq01 said:
Faff: the fact that my TV and AV amp suddenly stop talking to each other by HDMI and don't seem to be resettable.
The future is analogue.

Have the same thing, panansonic TV to panasonic surround, I'm 99% it's the surround at fault, tempted with a mush samller sound bar instead.

sound bars are ridiculous sounding shite, absolutely packed full of faff too.

woke up one morning when lived in London, our 5 year old VW Polo parked on street, dead battery, right faff to get plastic covers off etc etc. Needed new battery but, given extent of faff, rather than take old one out and wander down to get new one, went to get our other car to give a jump and then drive to somewhere that could deal with the faff and change. So wandered down to our garage to get our 50 year old British car which started with no trouble (and only needs a set of AF spanners and couple screwdrivers to fix anything), jump started polo and went and got fixed............all while whistling themes to various b&w films..........

legrandefromage":2tc79cs3 said:
gtRTSdh":2tc79cs3 said:
hamster":2tc79cs3 said:
The future is analogue.

sound bars are ridiculous sounding shite, absolutely packed full of faff too.

Agreed, but possibly not as bad as flatscreen TV speakers though. Being sensible with space, and including a DVD player, what would you recommend, I see you're selling hifi, so maybe you could help?

TheGreenRabbit":37pdfbut said:
Is Faff anything like like Tat ?

I thought tat was essentially a random assortment of ancient and pointless rubbish, i.e. what my Nan's spare room is stuffed full of.

David

Back