Dawes model range?

andybike

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi~
Am after info on Dawes range,bikes to look for/avoid.Cannot seem to find any info on models.Have been told about Edge?Anyone with info please?
Thanks Andybike :D

From what era? Dawes go from prehistoric to modern day and still going strong allbeit catering to the touring market. I have an early 90, s roughtrade made from reynolds 501 magnum, the real classic ones from the 80, s were the wildcat, ranger and countryman the countryman being reynolds 531 with top end suntour stuff iirc. Thats about all I remember.

Ive seen the edge, reynolds 501 I think middle range, tbh think of dawes like volvo, s safe and solid but well......kinda boring

Hi. I have an Edge. It's a 1992 model, and is made from Reynolds 531 Magnum. Back then it was called The Edge, but the name was shortened later on in the 90's. If you can find one buy it, you won't regret it. There are certainly some lighter early 90's steel frames around, and Dawes may not be the coolest brand around, but if I had to sell all of my bikes and could only keep one, The Edge would be that bike, without question.

Regards

Marge

Latest posts

Back