During a moment of clarity: 'Faff'

my VHS video player still going strong although lives in loft as not used often, while record player still sounds good.......

finding a Blu-ray outputting 7.1 analogue was a challenge as well but :D

TheGreenRabbit":1tx7df7s said:
Is Faff anything like like Tat ?

legrandefromage":1tx7df7s said:
daugs":1tx7df7s said:
cars...........

30 years ago cars had a life expectancy of about 10-15 ish years or little over 100,000 miles and then usually died - corrosion

and now while corrosion is frequently a thing of the past, all the little electronics and sensors start going wrong and frequently is uneconomic to replace as more than value of car with fixed

that is 'faff' - perfectly decent cars rendered useless by the inclusion of 'faff' - ask any Renault IDE owner...

As above, I think that anything rendered useless by the inclusion of "faff" is termed as tat.

Faff isn't stuff, it's action, albeit the kind of action that leads to inaction. Doing things that don't really need to be done right now, that's faffing. Taking an unnecessarily long time to do something is faffing. Similarly, any job that takes longer than it ought is "a bit of a faff" or "a right faff". The things you describe may lead to faff, but they aren't in themselves faff. I reckon they're probably 'cruft', but I'm prepared to be corrected.

MikeD":201705a2 said:
Doing things that don't really need to be done right now, that's faffing. Taking an unnecessarily long time to do something is faffing.

I have a husband who is an expert faffer. It applies to all parts of his life but he takes it to new heights when it comes to his bikes. 'I just need to do a quick job on the bike' turns in to HOURS of him, bike-stand and bike cluttering up our tiny kitchen with everywhere covered in bits of 'stuff'. :roll:
Still, it gives me lots time to faff about as well. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back