A thankless task and it's Friday

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Yesterday I said to my 13 year old daughter Amelia, "Yeah it's Friday tomorrow" and she replied "what does it matter what day it is to you, you don't work" I was a bit put out by this :( I don't go to work true, but I spend the week, getting them ready for school, tidying, washing clothes, cleaning her room too, she never has to do it, doing the pots, making dinner just generally making the home nice for her and her friends to be in. To me Friday is the end of the week, when I can enjoy a couple of beers with my hubby and know I don't have to get up early and I'm going to spend two days where I'm not alone.

What is important about your Friday, although I'm sure some of you will do shift work so Friday eve becomes irrelevant. but I guess you must have a day when you come home and relax knowing you don't have to go to work the next day.

Alison

Teenagers!!!! Not got a lot of gratitude for anyone or anything ;)

My Fridays are equally important to me but in a very different way, I am a full time carer for my elderly mother, who is blind, partially deaf and full of arthritis, on a Wednesday and Friday I get a partial day off as she goes to a club, it is about the only thing that keeps me sane, that and this site MWAHHHHHAHAHAA :LOL: :LOL:

kermitgreenkona88":3sxztdkt said:
Teenagers!!!! Not got a lot of gratitude for anyone or anything ;)

My Fridays are equally important to me but in a very different way, I am a full time carer for my elderly mother, who is blind, partially deaf and full of arthritis, on a Wednesday and Friday I get a partial day off as she goes to a club, it is about the only thing that keeps me sane, that and this site MWAHHHHHAHAHAA :LOL: :LOL:

That I really admire. Other than children, I've never had to look after anyone and I don't know how I'd cope with having to look after my mum, she does live 100 miles away so looking after her when she does finally lose her independence, she's quite arthritic, will probably fall on my sister, how she will deal with that I don't know, we are not a close family and have never been happier than being as far away from each other as we can be. Secretly though I always dreamed of being in a close loving family, I try to be with mine.

Alison

my wife doesn't go out to work yet, but she does all the jobs i take for granted.
i get clean clothes, warm food to eat. all she asks for in return is having her feet massaged daily.
a fair trade i think.
i am teaching my kids the work ethic, if they do a few chores they get rewarded.
if it wasn't for the humble home maker, the world would be a very different place.
children & teenagers need to learn they don't get something for nothing.
even if its just the respect they give you.

Not sure about the foot massage...........but a household doesn't function without stuff getting done be it money to pay for stuff or meals being cooked and all the other stuff. We are teaching our daughter that helping is not an option but rather part of the fair division of labour, so she has to help clear up her toys, set and clear table etc. She's too young for real pocket money but that won't be a right either. If it's not work then people shouldn't mind help doing it, and if it is then should be divided fairly.

I wholeheartedly agree with getting children from an early age to join in with helping out in the house, sooo where did I go sooo badly wrong :roll: I used to get them to tidy their own rooms at the weekend, but anything else I just found it easier to do it myself, or leave my hubby to do it :LOL: but it became such a battle to get them to do their rooms, and during the week the rooms let the house down, I just started doing them myself, just a quick clear and vacuum and it's done, the only hardship my children have to face is homework.

Alison

Hope this helps:

h9A56B2BA

I love Fridays as I get to relax and have a few glasses of wine with Mrs A, without the thought of getting up at sparrow's fart for work in the morning.

I'm lucky enough to have a wife who works full time (longer hours than me) and still finds time to cook fantastic meals for us. I can look in the fridge and cupboard and not really see anything resembling a meal, yet she manages to conjure up culinary delights from the same places!

It's her birthday today, so I'm going out of my way to spoil her - breakfast in bed and I'll cook the BBQ food this afternoon (accompanied by several chilled beers of course!)

friday is just another day to get up, go to work, come home, walk the dogs, sort the house and tea, then go to another job. the only day that is different is a sunday where i just go to the one job

Back